Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Melkor_Chaos_Knight
Fire Beetle

Default Is eq repaired or not?

I tried for 5 days gettings answers on knowing the REAL problem with new account on EQ, it seems that NO ONE know the real problem but the Rogean admin. I installed EverQuest and the required expansion to play Winter's roar, i followed the step to install the server, registered vBulletin and created account for the server, and i get the ANNOYING bad username/password in EverQuest. I tried ALL solutions AND combinasons possible to make it work before posting this and i still can't connect. Can I get a REAL answer please so EVERIBODY can know the problem ? I know you guys are doing it for free and for fun but it would be so nice of you to tell what's wrong or a correct fixing guide. I'm a programmer so I know what kind of problem you are facing. THANKS
Old 02-17-2005, 03:21 PM
mattmeck

this is answered in several other threads all you needed to do was look.

WR is on a backup login server that dont allow new acounts, there is nothing you can do to fix this but wait.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Psiksenz
Fire Beetle

Exclamation

From what you've written it sounds like you've intalled the new patch from the original Everquest servers. From what I understand the new patch "breaks EQ Emulator" so until they get round this problem no new users can play on the emulated servers unless they 'backpatch' which is illegal and you'll get banned for asking how to do it or posting links to places that let you do it. So no luck for you or me, at least for now ;p

Edit: (or what he said) =O
Old 02-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Why are you trying to set up a server if you just want to play on winter's roar? There are TWO Play Guides you can read, WR's and EQEmu's, niether of them involve setting up a server.

If you have a problem with getting on Winter's Roar, Make a post on their forums.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Psiksenz
Fire Beetle

Am I right in assuming you can't get on any servers running emulated EQ with the new patch then?
Old 02-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Psiksenz
Fire Beetle

Red face

I NEED TO FOLLOW THE RULES

Last edited by mattmeck; 02-18-2005 at 12:03 AM..