Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-26-2005, 01:57 AM
Skylark13
Fire Beetle

Default No servers on server select when using eqemulator.net

Hello,

I posted this thread a couple days ago, but it seems it isn't just when I run a server on my local machine, it's all the time.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17956

When I try to login using eqemulator.net:5995 as my login server, I get to the server select screen (so my LS account works) but there are no servers in the list. What could be causing this, since it seems that it happens whether I'm running the EQEmu server on my local machine or not?

Thanks in advance,
Old 02-26-2005, 02:20 AM
DaSquishy
Fire Beetle

Try using:

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994
Old 02-26-2005, 02:25 AM
Skylark13
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSquishy
Try using:

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994
Nope, that still gives me 0 servers on the server select screen.

Weird, isn't it? Anyone have an idea what's wrong?

Edit : I imagine if I can login (i.e. I can get to the server select screen after entering my LS username and password), it means I don't have any problem with my router or anything like that? If that was the problem, I couldn't even log in, right? (just brainstorming here, trying to eliminate stuff.)

Edit2 : Just to be sure, I went and opened all the ports on my router, didn't make any difference. So I'm still looking for the source of the problem.

Last edited by Skylark13; 02-26-2005 at 11:12 AM..
Old 02-26-2005, 07:32 AM
mattmeck

try

newlogin.eqwemulator.net:5995
channels.eqemulator.net:5995
216.117.177.125:5995
63.85.17.2:5995

also try 5994 isntead of 5995

I know S2K and FD runs on 216.117.177.125:5995
Old 02-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Skylark13
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the help everyone, finally the problem was that I didn't have the right version of EQ. I was using the version from S2k and FD, but on the servers that are served by the eqemulator.net login server, I needed the 2004/12/15 client. Same thing for my local server, which I am running 0.6.0-DR2 as stated above.

So that was the problem. Thanks to aza on #Support for helping me track it down!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:38 PM
benski
Fire Beetle

Default same problem

I think i have the same problem as skylark, but im not sur ehow to check my versions.. i try to get on to S2k and i can log in,, but no servers to choose.. how do i check my version compatability/correct it if its wrong?
Old 03-02-2005, 02:51 AM
Gawayne
Fire Beetle

I'm right there with you. I've got the FD version, but want to get on S2k ::shrugs:: just kinda set on that one, don't know why. but after i log in, I get an empty server list.

tried newlogin.yadda ... as soon as i try to login, eqgame crashes.
the rest say invalid name / pw ...

Last edited by Gawayne; 03-02-2005 at 10:57 AM..
Old 03-02-2005, 05:40 AM
mattmeck

thats because were not on the newlog login server.

www.scorpious2k.net Right al that main page in HUGE letters and number is our eqhost
Old 03-02-2005, 06:02 AM
Gawayne
Fire Beetle

mattmeck, in my last post ...
tried newlogin.yadda ... as soon as i try to login, eqgame crashes.
the rest say invalid name / pw ...
"the rest" includes 216.117.177.125 ... from your post 3 msgs before.
i'm just trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong.
i've got the login server name & pw, it's just not recognising me, while the eqemulator.net server's recognising me, just not giving me servers ::sighs and shrugs:: i know you're just trying to help and most ppl *need* the obvious pointed out to them, but i don't personally ask questions until i've tried it myself several different ways and read up in posts to see if my question's been answered. (although i don't go through and read every post to make sure it's not embedded somewhere)

Edit: okay i tried the server you say is working. nothing. changed the port. logged in fine. no server list. i dunno mann...

Last edited by Gawayne; 03-02-2005 at 02:25 PM..
Old 03-02-2005, 06:45 AM
ltlruss
Discordant

I don't think I can help you but I thought I'd post a problem that I had for a while.... I had my emu files on my C drive when I thought I was going to have to reformat. I copied everything onto my new hard drive (D) and played from that one for a while with no problem. Then we had all those login problems and I wasn't able to get on for a while. After that seemed to be fixed, I was able to get to the server screen but there were no servers showing. Other people were getting on just fine. I finally went back to playing on the copy on my C drive and it worked fine. I don't know why that would make a difference, they were exactly the same. Guess what I'm saying is, maybe try copying your eq files and playing from the copy.... Don't know why that would make a difference but it wouldn't hurt to try.....

SEARCH It's your friend
Old 03-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Radigast
Fire Beetle

I had the same problem, with no servers showing up. It turned out I was connecting to the wrong server, may want to check out FD's news section as to why you are getting wrong username/password.

I got mine fixed last night, playing EQ again and loving it!

<edit> The login server that gives bad username/password is the right one, it appears that someone with control has to manually put your username/password into the server.