Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:17 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

Default couple of questions

Hello everyone, I'm an old school EQ player (pre-planes of this-and-that).

I found this site last night and it makes me want to play again. Thing is, I don't have EQ anymore, so if I go buy it again, what version of the emu server do I need to download? I'm using windows xp.

It would be great if I don't have to go online and patch EQ. I'd just like to buy it, install it, install the emu and play by myself with the "off the shelf" version of EQ. Maybe I can get my fiance in on it too heh.

The other question is: can I run the server and client on the same machine? I only have two PC's. One is mine and the other is my fiance's.

Thanks a ton. I hope I get some good news...

Peace!

Last edited by greeko; 03-29-2005 at 01:20 PM..
Old 03-29-2005, 05:31 AM
mattmeck

you cant run EQEmu without patching, and were not current with live right now.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:55 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

I see. I figured since there were a bunch of older versions of the emu, maybe the oldest one would work with the unpatched version of EQ.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:19 AM
mattmeck

there was never an unpatched version of EQEmu, because the very first people to buy the CD's and play EQ had to, yep you guess it, patch.

Add to the fact that each batch of CD'd are diferent and its impossable to do, because my original EQ that i bough 2 weeks before person X is diferent on the CD's, and our CD's are diferent then person Y's CD'd because he bought his from online wile we went in the store.