Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > OpenZone:: Q&A

OpenZone:: Q&A Support forum for OpenZone help

Old 06-06-2005, 12:42 AM
saveus
Sarnak

Default bug report

since 3 month h have big pb with " split with ground mesh" fontions ; i found a bug who can perhups explain that .

import a basic item like a cube (http://supervision2.filnet.fr/froggy/ftp/obj/c1.3ds)

make a first rotate ( no problem)

make another rotate an now you have the problem

ps if you make some operation after/before , move , resize, etc ... you have a different result : objet deformation , missing face , etc ..

and i think if for that my split work one time of 100

Last edited by saveus; 06-06-2005 at 10:47 AM..
Old 06-06-2005, 03:19 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I imported the object and did the X and Y rotates you showed, and I had no problems. I also tried putting in values for X and Y loc first, and still had no problems. I'm a little confused. Does this have to do with splitting with a ground mesh? I didn't see where I would do that here.

I know there's a at least one problem with splitting with the ground mesh: if you import an object it must only split the ground mesh in one place. This is only a problem for individual objects: when you import an entire dungeon it's okay if multiple corridors split (poke through) the ground mesh, but each individual corridor or room must only poke through the ground once. I found this when I had a really long corridor that poked through the ground twice (it came out a cliff and entered another cliff farther away). The solution was to break it into two corridors from inside Dungeon Builder.

P.S. I have Dungeon Builder open in my compiler now and I'm looking into implementing some of the ideas you listed in the other post.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:03 AM
saveus
Sarnak

i put my complete oz env here :
http://supervision2.filnet.fr/froggy...j/openzone.zip
if can help

bug is not all time , here have 1/2 time

for information i have a crash near 1 month i had reinstall totaly my windows and change my video card , but i already had this bug before crash

and i just make a virus scan in my oz directory but it s clean ( in the case of a virus modidy the exe)

Last edited by saveus; 06-06-2005 at 12:13 PM..
Old 06-06-2005, 04:27 AM
saveus
Sarnak

additionnal information

if i make 10 random rotate and after if i put 0 in x axis and 0 in Y axis

i obtain that

strange the deformation have the same angle that the green arrows
Old 06-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Well, the green arrow is nothing more than the polygon selection marquee. Since OpenZone deals only in triangles, it takes the form of a triangle, but additionally has three lines moving toward the center of the polygon.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:01 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

It looks like your OpenZone is two days older than mine and has a different filesize. What happens if you re-download it?

Mine is dated 5/25/2005, 4,670,464 bytes, and that's what's in the latest archive I uploaded. Maybe you have a beta/bugged version?

Ad for splitting with the ground mesh, maybe tomorrow I'll upload Dungeon Builder 1.6 and my new zone and its dungeon so you can see how it's done. I have a zone (not yet fully built) called The Namtarn that is the southern extension of Veldona and has an extensive dungeon as well as a deep canyon that parts of the dungeon intersect. It's a good illustration of how you can import a dungeon from Dungeon Builder into a zone. I can upload both versions of the zone -- before and after adding the dungeon -- so you can see the difference.

Last edited by Windcatcher; 06-06-2005 at 01:21 PM..
Old 06-06-2005, 05:28 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Hello,

I tested your cube and its full or errors (Object i tested is on this link http://supervision2.filnet.fr/froggy/ftp/obj/c1.3ds).

Major Problems
- It is setup to "editable mesh" when it should be setup as "editable poly".
- Your 'cube' have 14 vertices, how come ? A normal cube should have onle 8 vertices (one for each corners).
Minor Problems
- Its not a cube, more a rectangle :p
- No texture attribued
- Rendering method is phong, i'll rather go with blinn