Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > OpenZone:: Q&A

OpenZone:: Q&A Support forum for OpenZone help

Old 06-06-2005, 01:41 AM
saveus
Sarnak

Default some fonctions needed

- custom keybord.
it is possible to add in ini file the key binding ?
is using a french keyboard and for sample for type number without numeric key ,or when you want delete the 15 number after comma and you cant use delete key ... hummm arrrrg

-number after comma
if it possible to see only 2 or 3 number after comma in loc or rotate value

-texture
it is possible to have a "reload texture" button in oz and db ? ,now if you change or add a texture when oz running , you must close it and re open for see it

-instant move
in db if you have a dongeon with 30 room when you active the dongeon walkthrough mode you start in first room , and if all room aren't at the same height , you need 15 min to go to last room for change a texture , is it possible to have a fonction to move directly to "room-xxx" or a key to jump directly to next room

- room an corridor in db
in db when you link a corridor and a room by default corridor is linked at the bottom of room , it si possible to make somethink for link it at top or middle , for sample if you want put a stair after in oz.

- import as a groud mesh
it is possible to have some additional information about "import as a ground mesh" i had try some objet , cube , plane deformed etc, at each time , i have a flat square after import

Last edited by saveus; 06-06-2005 at 09:58 AM..
Old 06-06-2005, 02:44 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

In Dungeon Builder, after you link a corridor to a room you can drag the handle up along the wall so it isn't linked at floor level. They way you do it is to select the toolbar button that has the red horizontal line (the one that looks like the red bar you see at all intersections). When you select this, all intersections will show a square handle at the floor of the connecting corridor. Then you can move the corridor up the wall of the room by holding <Shift> down and dragging the handle up (holding down the Shift key lets you drag handles up along the Z axis, but I figure you already know this).

The rest are great points and when I get some time I'll see what I can implement. I also took a look at your other post about the OpenZone bug, but I couldn't open your link to the 3ds file to test it. It was telling me the file isn't there.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:48 AM
saveus
Sarnak

oops i just change the link
Old 06-06-2005, 03:23 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Import as ground mesh isn't all that useful. What it does is takes a ground area (say, a deformed plane) and converts it such that it will look as if you had created it from inside OpenZone. That is, the ground will be forced to conform to OpenZone's grid method so that it can be edited in the ground editor. If you're going to the trouble to create a land area in another tool I don't recommend using "import as ground mesh" since it will destroy any fine detail.

Edit: When you move through the dungeon in Dungeon Builder 1.6, the overview window will now be visible on the left side below the room texture buttons. If you click on a room (not a corridor, only rooms for now) it will immediately take you to the center of the room. It will also show a white circle that shows your current location and moves with you.

Last edited by Windcatcher; 06-06-2005 at 12:55 PM..
Old 06-07-2005, 02:37 AM
saveus
Sarnak

i just tested new db its very cool
but i found somethink. before in 1.5 ,when you change a texture in view mode , you see directly the new texture , now for see it you must close view an open it again. have another question too , have a particular reason that in corridor we can t change floors and ceilings textures in view mode?

ps i try to merge some db 3DS files in oz without make a rotate and it work much better
Old 06-07-2005, 06:00 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

You can change the floors and ceilings in corridors. You just have to use PgUp and PgDn to look at them

I'll check into the problem with changing a texture, and if it's a problem I'll fix it asap.