Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Zengez
Hill Giant

Red face Idea for the 7/14 patch problem

Just wondering, without getting into the always dangerous footing of the whole warez option.... it would seem the "Dragons of Norrath" expansion pack was released in febuary of 2005 (i think?) and i was curious if i installed the game and patched to live, then wrote over it with the expansion CD, would it reset my version to something that'd work with 6.1 or no?

If this still falls under the "we don't support that kinda thing here" catagory then i'm sorry and post something and i'll delete it asap... just figured since it was a bought and paid for option it'd be ok...
Old 07-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Traul
Hill Giant

I'm 99.9% sure that won't work, it doesn't matter what expansions you have.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:05 PM
kawika
Sarnak

I believe he's talking about the eqgame.exe and the DX files from the CD. The only way to find out if it works is to give it a shot and post your findings. I don't think that falls under the warez discussion because you own the CD and you're not requesting files...I could be wrong.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:20 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

No CD install, whether its from an expansion cd or not, is compatible with EQEMu.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:21 PM
vexxix22
Fire Beetle

Angry Listen to me

How come no one ever post any replie to my questions huh!!!! huh!!!!! the admistador should at least post i have a seris problem with this this aint cool. im VEXXIX22 plz respond to my fourm question ive been posting for about 3 days now with no replie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 03:45 AM
Zengez
Hill Giant

Thanks Cisyouc.... i figured if it'd work then someone else had probably thought of it by now... Just outa curiosity though, would it be impossibly hard to make an emu that was compatible off the cd files... seems like it'd be easier to tell people "you can instal from the ________ Expansion CD and use this emulator to have it work" Rather than suffer the incessant complaining of the "Is the emulator compatible with live yet!!"... Even if you continued to make new emulators for live and just have a backup one that works off, say, the PoP discs or something, would seem to make alota people happy?

I don't know enough about programing, or the setup of the emulator, to even know if it's actually possible without re-writing a TON of stuff, but just thought i'd throw out the idea... you already answered my main question anyways, so thanks...

and vexxix22: Not flamin, but calm down man... i read yer other post and it's not terribly specific, so it'd take time for others to get a bead on what the problem would be, and that pre-supposes they have the time in the first place, i'd imagine all the admins and moderators are busy working on the new emulator/talking to the hundreds of other posts on the site
Old 07-31-2005, 10:15 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
seems like it'd be easier to tell people "you can instal from the ________ Expansion CD and use this emulator to have it work"
nope, because the CD's , person X own that they bought in 2002 have diferent files then someone who bought them in 2004, in a few cases the same exact CD's bought at 2 diferent stores onm the same day have diferent files.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:56 AM
MysticDeath
Sarnak

Default Vexxix22 ...

lol vexx, u never made a thread, u made a few posts in threads that were not very clear... i dont see why your mad, couldnt just make it a BIT more clear to us what your specific problem is?
Old 08-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Rogean
Administrator

I still have a CD bought in 1999
Old 08-02-2005, 02:02 PM
RayOfAsh
Sarnak

It seems tedious to have to create a new version every time EQ Live is updated. Is there a plan to get around this?
Old 08-02-2005, 09:24 PM
DefinedAnarchy
Fire Beetle

How about making a different user account on Windows and installing another EQ to a different folder..such as My Documents..Sure it's a waste of 2+ gb,but if you're desperate,give it a shot
Old 08-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefinedAnarchy
How about making a different user account on Windows and installing another EQ to a different folder..such as My Documents..Sure it's a waste of 2+ gb,but if you're desperate,give it a shot
Why do that when you can just copy the EQ directory?
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.