Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-04-2005, 01:52 AM
wootfive
Fire Beetle

Default PEQ The Grand Creation....Help

I am server shopping and like the "old school" setup of The Grand Creation (although I just read its brief description on the EQEMU sever list page).

I was wanting to know if this server is worth checking out. Also, how would I go about getting setup on this server?

Are there any servers out there that are more "traditional"

Just a noob looking for some advice. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2005, 03:32 AM
wize_one
Dragon

PEQ is as close to live as possible, we are up to velious expanshion. www.projecteq.net is the website
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:50 AM
wootfive
Fire Beetle

where can i get some directions on how to play on this server?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:57 AM
wize_one
Dragon

it is setup just like any other server. Compat. with pre-5/11 patch on port 5998
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:25 AM
tkd1991a
Sarnak

Default so

Is the The Grand Creation server simply the Project EQ database in action or is it modified etc?

If its different any chance of releasing the files?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:44 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

It's the project EQ database in action. Databases are released periodically.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:53 AM
gm112
Fire Beetle

i still can't get it to run unforchinutly..
Old 04-23-2006, 03:03 PM
klinzhai
Sarnak

Step 1) Install Titanium

Step 2) Never, never, never run the link that it creates (it will patch, which means you have to uninstall EQ and then install again from the CDs).

Step 3) Right-click on desktop, choose 'New -> Shortcut'. Browse to the file 'EQGame.exe' and browse to it. It will not show your shortcut location as something like "C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\EQGame.exe" Make sure that you add (AFTER the quotes) "patchme" (without the quotes).

Step 4) Edit your 'eqhost.txt' file to read:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Step 5) Double-click on the shortcut that you just created. It should work if I didn't miss anything (don't think I did...)
Old 04-23-2006, 03:24 PM
gm112
Fire Beetle

will this work with eq platnum? also i downloaded a everquest server pack from a website and it included the PEQ db
Old 04-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Read a little more before post plz.

Eqemu 0.7 is only compatible with titanium and 9/13/05 pre patch.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Adara
Fire Beetle

Default Having problems also

I was able to play on PEQ last month with no problem. But now I can not create new characters (the next button does not respond) nor see vendor inventory in game with my current char useing the default UI. I did a forum search but didnt not find any mention about this or any reasons why i might be having the problems. Am I correct in thinking that the curent eqemu still supports 9/13/05 pre patch versions? Any one have any suggestions on how i can fix this other than buy another copy of eq??
Adrara
Old 04-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

I use client pre 9/13/05, that work fine, i think your client is corrupt :(
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:17 AM
blaaaah
Fire Beetle

Default GM initiation quests

i created a beastlord on PEQ but i cant even do the initiation quest (the quest you start out with) if this is being updated i would apreciate it if i was told so i know when it's in order