Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-27-2002, 06:02 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Default The solution to your problems

Perl Quests for 0.5.3+

Outdatad!! the rest hasn't been updated in quite a while, but may still be useful.

Yes that title is meant to get the attention of everyone having trouble :P

General notes for people only wanting to play on an EQEmu server:
Read the Everyone should read section below
Try patching to EQ Live, then using EQEmu patcher. If you have problems, or are unsure what to do, get on IRC and check the eqemu channel topic, then politely ask for help if it isn't covered in the topic.

Everyone should read the current readme.html and/or the Guide.htm and the FAQ and the new FAQ Forum If you are overwelmed by the readme, you can try this minilogin server setup walkthru. These and several other helpful things can be found in the Tutorials and Howtos Forum.

EQEmu 0.4.3 is the current release. Get it here. There are also 0.4.4 Developer Release1 copies posted on the forums For Items, Mobs, ect, see Databases below. Don't try using an older version of the Emu. There seems to be a problem with some servers where you get booted at the character name aproval. It is believed to be related to the upload speed of the servers internet connection. I believe some still have this problem, and FYI it has been tied to the packet that sends the list of guilds being large. Just try a different server with more bandwidth.

The EQEmu Patcher:
First if you want to also play on Sony's server, make a copy of your EQ directory, 1 for EQ live, and 1 for the EQEmu. Download EQEmuPatcher.exe and run it. Install the files to the SAME directory as your EQEmu copy of EQ. Not a sub directory, make sure this is right. Next run everquest.exe to patch to the current EQ Live files. Then run Patche.exe to patch to the older EQ files that work with the EQEmu. This only needs to be done ONCE each time the EQEmu is updated to use newer files. In other words only patch when EQEmu stops working, or your told to. After you have patched, use EQW.exe to start EQ for EQEmu (or use "eqgame.exe patchme" as described in the readme) Make sure EQW points to your EQEmu copy of EQ.

If your not running XP chances are you need to install mdac_typ.exe for the patcher to work (XP has the latest version) Some other things reported to have caused the errors when running the patcher are Norton antivirus, XP's built in firewall, 3rd party firewalls. Chances are you will need to disable these to run the patcher.

Release specific notes for running a server:
Get a database to add items or spawns, the release only has the DB structure. The 4.3 release is not compatable with older DB's but there are some scripts in the worldbuilder forum that will mostly convert an existing 4.2 DB to work with 4.3

General notes for running a server:
If your running minilogin, you probably need to run world.exe adduser eqemu eqemu 200 from the command line to create the eqemu user account. Firewalls Cause problems for the EQEmu if they aren't setup right. This includes XP's built in firewall, broadband routers, and possibly zonealarm too. Ports that need to be open to allow other users to login are 7995 thru 7999 and 9000. Those ports should point to your EQEmu servers LAN IP address. Read the documentation on your product to figure out how to set this up.

After reading the readme and FAQ, people wishing to only play on other people's server only need 3 things. Download the EQEmu Patcher also read The EQ Patcher section above, EQW, and your login and password for this bulitin board. Here is a step by step client setup guide of the above.

Note: The emu is a command line server, and still VERY early in development. That means it requires a little skill and knowledge to setup and run, and the WILL be bugs! If the readme isn't enough to get you started, see the next paragraph.

Please take some time to learn about the programs you are using if you have ANY trouble. This includes windows, mysql, the dos command line, and networking. There are MANY web pages with info. The mysql help files are probably on your hard drive if you installed mysql, and there is a lot of help on the dos command line built into windows. I would guess over half of the questions asked aren't about EQEmu, read the other programs docs too!

Search for other posts dealing with similar problems.

Read the Sticky posts at the beginning of the forum, like this one <- makes it a LOT easier to solve the problem. Also useing this template when asking for help will improve responses to your request. If you don't bother to post you configs and emu screens, then I have an error, helpppppp!!! tells us absolutly nothing. Post ALL your config files, AND the text from your world and zone windows. **** out your passwords, and you might as well leave the IP's, they are public anyhow.

Databases for the emu can be found in the World Builder Forum, be sure to get a DB for the version of the emu your running. A Popular one is the DBAddon I generate, It can be found with the EQEmu release files on Sourceforge

Various other tools and support programs are in 3rd Party Tools Help setting up the publiclogin (nolonger functional and unsupported) server is here Note, there is not a current publiclogin released.

Regarding fix/release dates: If your gonna ask about any ETA on this board, just pretend you did, and someone replied "when it is done". :P

The Dev's know many people are awating the release/fix of [insert name here] and are working on it. So far the longest time some part of the emu project wasn't working has been about 2 weeks due to a verant patch (ok the zone thing took 2 months :( ). Of course this can be avoided if you follow the suggestion to make a backup of your EQ files (as well as your emu files)

This does not really have any new information, it just puts lots of it in one place.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:56 AM
Symarra
Sarnak

Default Excellent

Now thats a Cluster Uck of information!

Nice work Lurk!
Old 05-31-2002, 07:51 AM
bennu
Fire Beetle

can't sign up for a login for some reason. it keeps timing out. is it working correctly?
Old 05-31-2002, 09:27 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Let me know if you think I should update, change, add anything to this post. I am trying to keep it as a single point of referance for the most asked stuff. It isn't intended to contain the information itself, just point you to the right file, post, readme or web page.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:44 AM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

Mind if I stick all this at the bottom on my post in a quote thing?
Old 05-31-2002, 10:19 AM
stormgod
Discordant

doing the same baron
Old 05-31-2002, 10:59 AM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

I ment on the before you ask for help post.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:07 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Baron and Stormgod, by all means. Anything to get people up to speed.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:43 PM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

Edited it a bit, gonna add a link to your post in my sig tho
Old 06-04-2002, 07:26 PM
Shawn319
Demi-God

I dont know how in the world this was left un-stuck. its stuck now

also added some things to the end of my sig

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 06-04-2002, 09:49 PM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

I should make mine much more menacing... Need Help? is kind of a question rather then an order
Old 06-10-2002, 07:27 AM
Jcomer
Sarnak

Default Wow

Wow,

That helped me a lot, fixed almost every problem.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:55 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Well if it didn't cover something, I'm open to suggestions.
Old 06-16-2002, 06:30 AM
ellis
Fire Beetle

Default Everthing seems ok until I load zones

Using database 'eq' at localhost
Loading zone names, items & NPCs...Done.
Spells loaded from 'spdat.eff'.
Loading guild ranks...done.
Loading faction data...done.
Unable to get host name. Error: 11001InitWorldServer failed
Entering sleep mode

I have a normal modem, nothing special.
I want to run a standalone, me only server. Please advise.

I have made all patches even June 5th patch. - logged in to eqemu servers once with no items and no commands available. also nothing had items on the spawns.

_Please help.
Old 06-16-2002, 08:03 AM
Shawn319
Demi-God

did you have world.exe running first?

and.. if you have all the patches you cannot play because EQemu does not work with the june 5th, 6th or 12th patch.

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------