Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:24 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

Default Bard Issue

I finally got everything working and hopped on my server last night. What an awesome experience so far

I rolled a Bard and everything was fine until I started singing. I've searched around and couldn't find much on any current Bard issues. I noticed that there are also issues with bards on other servers too. The songs seem to stick and play endlessly even after I type /cmd endsong. This is unsafe since some songs are AE damage-based and guards don't take too kindly to it.

Has anyone else had Bard song issues?
Old 01-27-2006, 04:42 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default read the wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeko
I finally got everything working and hopped on my server last night. What an awesome experience so far

I rolled a Bard and everything was fine until I started singing. I've searched around and couldn't find much on any current Bard issues. I noticed that there are also issues with bards on other servers too. The songs seem to stick and play endlessly even after I type /cmd endsong. This is unsafe since some songs are AE damage-based and guards don't take too kindly to it.

Has anyone else had Bard song issues?
there are some related issues already posted in WIKI.
on aside note if you crouch your song will end

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=DevIssues

www.cheaterz.info

Last edited by sdabbs65; 01-27-2006 at 12:46 PM..
Old 01-27-2006, 05:42 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

what in your opinion is the most stable race/class?
Old 01-27-2006, 05:54 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeko
what in your opinion is the most stable race/class?
Eskimos

www.cheaterz.info
Old 01-27-2006, 06:44 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

Thanks! I've looked but cannot find the Eskimo race. I don't remember seeing that race when I used to play EQ. Is it something new from an expansion? I think it would be neat to play an Eskimo Paladin or Rogue. I bet the Eskimo race is very resistant to cold, excellent at fishing and handy with a spear!

Do you have any screenshots of them???
Old 01-27-2006, 07:04 AM
Ibix
Sarnak

It was a joke I'm fairly sure. Maybe you were joking too.... maybe not.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:16 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

heh, yeah just messing around.

i guess i'll toss the bard on the back burner until things get ironed out. now to figure out how to give myself money
Old 01-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Ibix
Sarnak

Yeah, I played a Bard on live, and sure wouldn't mind playing another one now... although twisting songs does get a little old sometimes.

Another thing to note, just so you don't get disappointed again, don't play a Monk. Well, I mean, play one if you are okay with being able to do everything a Monk does EXCEPT FD-split mobs. Right now, if you pull, say, 5 mobs and FD in front of your group, the entire group of mobs paths back to their spawns instantly... there is no delay... This means that you cannot split pull with a monk, sadly. My buddy really was excited about playing a monk, and when he got FD we realized this was the case.

I have seen mention but not verification that the Necro lich-line consumes hps faster than on live... The speculation was that the lich-line was not reduced by the %reduction for damage done to players by spells/abilities on our servers but is on live. I don't know that it is on live. I don't know that it isn't on here. I played a Necro only up to about 8 and had the first in the lich-line, and it seemed okay to me... But, as I said, not sure how it's SUPPOSED to work.

We noticed in a group the other night (shaman, druid, enchanter) that lull doesn't seem to really be working; either that, or the lull was being done wrong, but I really think it didn't seem to be working... the chanter would lull a mob and pull the one next to it, and both would come... Not sure if this is a bug or user error, but may be something to watch out for... in short, it looks like split pulls may not be possible? who knows.

Other than that, things do seem fine.. the druid seems pretty fully functional... clerics and warriors and wizards seem good .... we created a lvl 70 of each of those and tested them out and all seemed to work fine.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:37 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

are you using the latest code? always report your version when posting issues.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:47 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

6.2, should i just overwrite the binaries with 6.4? i'll give it a whirl.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:08 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

yes, theres really no reason to use anything but close-to-the-latest code if your not attached to 6.0 (using the latest might be a bad idea without testing them first).

bards were rewritten in 6.4
Old 01-29-2006, 04:20 AM
Ibix
Sarnak

Oh, sweet... We're running 6.4, and I'll test out Bards... Not sure that it's THE most up-to-date... but it was the most up to date precompiled as of about 3 weeks ago.

The Monk FD, Lulls, etc stuff that I had mentioned was noticed in the 6.4 version. The Monk problem I know for sure is a problem as of our version. The lull, as I said, could have been user error. I rolled a Rogue and have been messing with him... I think I've located some problems but I'll let you know if that's just my ignorance of the way Live works. I want to make SURE the issues exist in the most recent release, make SURE they aren't supposed to work like this as per live, and make SURE they aren't already documented, then I'll submit the list of bugs in the 6.4 bugs thread.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:53 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

Backed up and tried the 6.4 .exe, .pl, .dll and .ini files. I got in, but EQ was complaining that my character was "under" the world over and over in gfay. I tried #zone commons and unrest too but it kept taking me back to gfay and complaining. I created a brand new character but couldn't get in.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:41 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

making progress. stupid me didn't READ the patch releases. made the db alterations and all is well... so far...
Old 01-29-2006, 05:50 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

...so not good. can't seem to make it out of gfay. working on it...

Logged in: (CharSel) Account #1: markdeaton
Received unknown opcode: 0x0108 size:0 bytes
Attempting autobootup of gfaydark (54) for Stayne
Zoneserver SetZone: 127.0.0.1:8503 gfaydark (54)
Enter world: Stayne: gfaydark (54) (EnterWorld)
Zoneport=8503
Client disconnected
Removing client from ip:127.0.0.1 port:3257
283016 New client from ip: 127.0.0.1 port: 3276
Logged in: (Zoning) Account #1: markdeaton
Telling client to continue session with: Stayne
Enter world: Stayne: gfaydark (54) (ZoneToZone)
Zoneport=8503
Client disconnected
Removing client from ip:127.0.0.1 port:3276
Zoneserver SetZone: 127.0.0.1:8503 tutorialb (0)
352391 New client from ip: 127.0.0.1 port: 3279
Logged in: (Zoning) Account #1: markdeaton
Telling client to continue session with: Stayne
Attempting autobootup of gfaydark (54) for Stayne