Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:29 PM
BigRen
Fire Beetle

Default Login Problem

Aight i have seen the other forum post. But i dont have some of the simptoms as the other such as frozen mouse but i still have the probelm with logging into a server, it just sits there after i click and dose nothin so what am i doing wrong?

I do have a fresh version of EQ titanium runs regular EQ but not eq emu tried that but re-installed for un-patched version. Am i just missing somethin stupid or am i just a dumb noob?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:32 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRen
Am i just missing somethin stupid or am i just a dumb noob?
Could be.

When you uninstalled the Live patched EQ, did you delete the entire Everquest folder manually before reinstalling? Add/Remove programs leaves residual files that are not a part of the initial InstallShield package. Maybe you have lingering data that is corrupting something.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:18 AM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
Could be.

When you uninstalled the Live patched EQ, did you delete the entire Everquest folder manually before reinstalling? Add/Remove programs leaves residual files that are not a part of the initial InstallShield package. Maybe you have lingering data that is corrupting something.
I would be dollars to donuts that that is his exact problem. Had the same problem myself on a different computer after buying Titanium to test both clients with. Patched by mistake then when I uninstalled it I forgot to delete the eq folder. when I did that it fixed the problem for me after the reinstall.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 11-15-2006, 12:06 PM
BigRen
Fire Beetle

Well that was a problem and i had the Direct Downloaded version of the last to expansions and i didnt get ride of them and that is what was causing the problems
Old 11-17-2006, 02:58 AM
ChUzZ
Fire Beetle

I am having this issue also I choose a server from the list go to connect and it just sits there black screen...

A run down of my EQ setup:

Orginal EQ is just copied from other hard drive after reformatted (didnt want to loose anything and download the whole thing again).

I copied the whole folder on same drive renamed EQemu updated eqhost+eqgame shortcut etc login to my EQemu account and select a server login and black screen... not loading nothing...

Any advice???
Old 11-17-2006, 03:22 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChUzZ
I am having this issue also I choose a server from the list go to connect and it just sits there black screen...

A run down of my EQ setup:

Orginal EQ is just copied from other hard drive after reformatted (didnt want to loose anything and download the whole thing again).

I copied the whole folder on same drive renamed EQemu updated eqhost+eqgame shortcut etc login to my EQemu account and select a server login and black screen... not loading nothing...

Any advice???

Did you read all the instructions and posts that state "Titanium Required"?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:53 AM
ChUzZ
Fire Beetle

what is the reason behind the need for Titanium? if you already have all the expansions?
Old 11-17-2006, 12:28 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

every so often, the 'company' changed how they sent information to the clients. If you dont have a version of the game compatable with the emulator: then the server and client dont understand what each other is saying.

For a better description simply watch a session of the US House of Representatives debating.

Simply enough: they have to send information in a fashion the other can understand. Anything that doesnt use that particular encoding is useless. For the current eqemu, the Titanium Cds speak our language.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Darkenbane
Fire Beetle

I just bought Titanium today and installed it, this computer has never had EQ on it before.. when I click a server to login, nothing happens, it just freezes there.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:12 PM
baldymcbald
Fire Beetle

i can logon i get the server list but if i try to connect to a server i am returned to the log on screen
Old 12-04-2006, 01:30 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

if no errors, or just the timeout error: That could be attributed to net latency also.

Not all of the servers are being hosted on strong dedicated lines, so you may just be timing out before your information has been processed. If there is a specific server you would like to try, I'd suggest sending a message to the owner and asking about their uptime/ limitations. They may be able to help you out with your connections by changing their rules to allow a longer pause before disconnect.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:02 PM
freakscene
Fire Beetle

i didnt see a need for my own personal thread when it appears a few others are experiencing the same thingnor something similar. ive read the wiki's/many threads etc ...

i am a bit confused by the FAQ's which state

"At the top of there forums on the left and middle is our status with llive,if it says were broke and not to patch you can not play EQEmu at this time, if it sayd were current with live then you can, check there before going any further.
NO PLAYING FROM A FRESH INSTALL WITHOUT PATCHING WILL NOT WORK"

from what i can tell, eqemu is currently not current with live, which is probably why i cant play

but when i see the server list, it appears as if plenty of people are logged in playing

now for my rundown

fresh install of Titanium. followed all the steps. log in fine. create a character fine with unique name. try to enter a city and it just sits there, or twice its kicked me back to the create character page

any ideas ?

thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 03:10 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
NO PLAYING FROM A FRESH INSTALL WITHOUT PATCHING WILL NOT WORK
Attempting to decode this obvious "english is my second language" statement, the basic rule is, install Titanium *fresh* (meaning either an entirely new dir, or delete the old everquest dir first), them make the changes to the eqhosts.txt and shortcut, *then* launch.

Sounds like you got that part down. Maybe you're just having bad luck connecting to a server? Try a few others, see if they behave the same?
Old 12-05-2006, 03:44 PM
freakscene
Fire Beetle

Thanks. i couldnt interpret that sentence very well either. i did not patch, figuring if i needed to, i could always do that next.

i followed the steps as you laid them out, and now ive tried 3 total severs all with the same results

kmra, dragon soul and grand creation (all apologies if naming them is taboo)

again, i can log in, create a character, when it registers the username and password on the server it goes to the next page, entering xyz depending, and after 5 or even 6 minutes i get returned to the log in screen

i did install a free trial version (by default it installs in c:\docsettings\user) a few days ago while waiting for titanium to arrive, but the titanium install is fresh C(c:\program files\sony

wonder if the free trial is causing the problem ?

Last edited by freakscene; 12-05-2006 at 11:46 PM..
Old 12-06-2006, 03:11 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I doubt the trial is causing the problem. If it was interfering, it's likely you wouldn't even get passed the server select. Seems every post I discover regarding character select screen kicking you back to login ends with "after x days of trying, it now magically works" with no other info. Sorry... good luck to you, though.