Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Balkon
Fire Beetle

Default Problem, Please help!

Hello, I went by the newest tutorial for windows to start my own EQEmu server. I have never done this before, the only other experience in this sort of thing I've ever had is starting my own Ultima Online shard using Sphere, which I've seen very vague similarities, but other than that, this is way more complicated -- But to the problem I'm having (I hope its not too long):

I followed the tutorial to the T, I THINK I did everything right (obviously I didnt but...) There are multiple problems and I think they are pretty minor and can be solved easily. Well first of all when I start up the start.bat (which I created to the exact specifications as the tutorial said to), there are 2 black screens that pop up, one dissapears very quickly. The other says: Wait for World to finish loading... Press enter when done. Press any key to continue . . . -- I press enter, and it gets rid of that black screen, makes another one that is completely blank, I do like the tutorial says and wait, about 30 minutes passed and nothing happened, so I just guessed that the world is loaded, (which is probably the root to the problem, but continuing on anyways) I went and got Minilogin, and extract it into my EQEmu directory, I start it up, and another hint that it is messing up, it says 0 Servers, 0 Clients. I then went to the "MiniLogin Setup" tutorial, I go into the MYSQL command line client like the setup tutorial says to, and tried to type in the code, and got a strange error message back saying : No database selected. There is nowhere in the tutorial saying I needed to select a database for Mini So obiously I dont even have a server up, but I installed and configured MYSQL perfectly, I already checked. I changed all the ips in the files to 127.0.0.1, and when I try to connect to my server on my Everquest Titanium (Unpatched, freshly installed) client, it goes to a blank server screen. When I go back to the mini login, it shows my ip and shows that I attempted to log in but obviously there arent even any servers to choose from. So I think I have 2 or maybe even 3 problems attacking me at once, can anyone help? Thanks...

Last edited by Balkon; 05-03-2007 at 12:32 AM..
Old 05-02-2007, 04:36 PM
mattmeck

Take a breath, use punctuation, and read other support threads. at the very least it will tell you what info we need to help you.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Balkon
Fire Beetle

Haha, well fixed one of the problems... I'm an idiot. Sorry...

Last edited by Balkon; 05-03-2007 at 01:38 AM..
Old 05-05-2007, 09:40 PM
BoBo12345
Fire Beetle

im stuck exactly where balkon is and i have spent 4 hours looking around for what i need to do.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:43 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Ok, the start.bat file goes like this.

Code:
@echo off
start world.exe
cls
echo Wait for World to finish loading... Press Enter when done.
pause
start eqlaunch.exe zone
exit

Code:
@echo off
This allows anything with "echo" at the begining of it to be displayed on screen

Code:
start world.exe
This does what it says, it opens up world.exe in your Emu directory. This will happen as soon as you open start so you will have two windows open. If this opens and closes instantly, its due to a error in world.exe, 99% of the time because it cant connect to the database.

Code:
cls
Clears the start.bat screen and makes it blank

Code:
echo Wait for World to finish loading... Press Enter when done.
Echo = Display text on screen

Code:
pause
Will puase current program to allow time for world to finish loading before booting zones. "Press any key to continue"

Code:
start eqlaunch.exe zone
Starts eqlaunch.exe with zone option. Zone option tells it to look at a certain row in the launcher table in your database to find out how many zones to boot up dynamically.

Code:
exit
Closes start.bat, essentially leaving you with two open windows, world.exe and eqlaunch.exe

Your issue with no servers in the server select screen is due to world not loading all the way, and closeing out as soon as it opens. Like I said, you will need to go over your log files in EqEmu\logs to find out why this is happening, or run world directly from a command prompt.

If your running the minilogin, it must be opened first, before running start.bat, so world has somehting to connect to as far as a login server goes.

The reason that I didnt add any minilogin information to my guide is do to the fact that its easier to get on going on public login to make sure it works. Once you can login in, make characters ect... then you can try to make the move to minilogin. Until I add it to my guide, I cant honestly say what needs to be done to make it work.

Give us this, and we can try to help you.

Log files that show the error first -> Try to search for the error number first in the fourms as 99% of the times, its aleadry been expierneced

Eqemu_config.xml -> need to trouble shoot
loginserver.ini -> since your using the minilogin

Version of Mysql, EqEmu, Perl

ip# of your computer that your running the server off of. Get this from run->cmd -> ipconfig (Should be like 192.168.xxx.xxx)

Databse your using, and how you obtained it. CVS or direct download.

These things help us out in determinging your issue.

Anyhow, hope this helps to get you going.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:42 PM
BoBo12345
Fire Beetle

Default Thanks!

I finally figured out what my problem was... it seems that
A. Mysql is case sensitive (i'm not that into programming as you may be able to tell)
B. My database how i typed it in IS NOT where it is stored but simply the database that i typed into Mysql..
Thanks again for the help
Old 05-08-2007, 10:25 AM
BoBo12345
Fire Beetle

Default grr

Well i got the server up and running but for some reason it is still not working on my computer the server select screen is still blank... i followed the minilogin i set the account to IP 192.168.2.13 like it says to in the guide so i know its connecting. Not sure where i am going wrong i have tried connecting on my computer as the server and as other computers.
Also something interesting to note is that when my server is sleeping it says 0: sleeping at the top instead of 7005: sleeping.

also it only gets to this step
[DEBUG] [WORLD__LS] Connected to Loginserver: eqemulator.net:5998
but i never have seen this below step come up but i tried pushing enter anyways to see if it would work
[DEBUG] [WORLD__LS] Loginserver provided YOUREXTERNALIP as world address

[LoginServer]
loginserver=192.168.2.13
loginport=5999
worldname=My Minilogin
worldaddress=192.168.2.13
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999
Old 05-08-2007, 02:16 PM
ArChron
Fire Beetle

Bobo... the IP address has to be your IP address... sometimes people take tutorials too literally.

My IP is 192168.1.100, not 192.168.2.13. Other than that, I too followed the instructions nearly to the letter, and was up and running in no time...

If you aren't sure, do a Start Menu -> Run -> cmd to get a good 'ol DOS window.

Type in ipconfig and press enter. You should see sumfink that tells you your IP address. That's what you enter, not the IP addy from the tutorial.

If you've done this, and the IP reported matches what you have in your LoginServer.ini, then we'll need to see your eqemu_config.xml as well, and the eqhost.txt from your client directory. These all have to be looking at the same IP address for the client -> server conversation to happen.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:30 PM
BoBo12345
Fire Beetle

198.168.2.13 IS my IP address... i did it with ipconfig....
also refer to the thread i started...