Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:31 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Default Latest Server Build?

Hello,

Does anyone have the latest CVS build (windows) of the server files? I'm having a hell of a time trying to build it myself and have given up for now. If anyone out there would be so kind as to share the latest with me, I would much appreciate it. Thanks.

Regards,
Sonic
Old 06-12-2007, 05:02 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

follow up question.

i recall seeing a recent posting (i think it was FNW) that mentioned svn. i know the sourceforge repository is cvs, so i'm curious if there is a newer or fresher repository for snapshots, since the last time i did a cvs update, i got very little churn and i'd assume much has changed since the 992 build.

== sfisque

Last edited by sfisque; 06-12-2007 at 01:09 PM..
Old 06-12-2007, 05:40 AM
So_1337
Dragon

I'm in the same boat. The friend who helps manage our server and does all the really techy stuff (like compiling the server builds) has super-busy with business travel for the past few weeks, and we're starved for a more recent build. Any of the EQEmu admins who have the latest build able to add the binaries to the downloads page? Would make a lot of people happy, I'm sure, if it's possible.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:11 AM
moydock
Discordant

Yeah that would be sweet, i can't seem to get the cvs thing working either.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:08 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Alright, since nobody is helping us out, maybe someone can answer this then? What build are you folks out there using that work the best right now? Someone please answer this.... 992 keeps crashing when casting spells no matter what I adjust so I'd like to move to something else but there are tons of picks.... anyone? Thanks in advance.

Sonic
Old 06-13-2007, 09:42 AM
techguy84
Discordant

Sonic, the 992 build doesnt crash when casting spells on it own. I can run 100's of 992 builds and have zero crash so long as everything else is right. Double check your spell files and make sure they are in place and not corrupted. Viri can sometimes target txt files and screw them up since they are easy to edit. You may want to grab the files again from your titanium directory or a fresh install to make sure they are good. Also check your DB for any errors surrounding spells and their effects.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:19 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

I did all that already, but thanks techguy. My files are fine and the DB is fine also. Problem seems to occur after I have #level 70, #scribespells 70, and #setallskill 252. I zone, and then if I use a clicky item or use #cast, crash and burn. This also happened to me when playing on someone else's server, I went LD and so did everyone else after I used a clicky. Oh, and btw, this also seems related to Angelox's database - doesn't seem to happen with PEQ.

PS - Great PDF guide techguy ..extremely helpful to someone who hasn't set up a server in almost 2 years. Thanks for sharing it.

Regards,
Sonic
Old 06-13-2007, 04:33 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Assuming that you can reproduce this crash, let me ask you a couple questions.

1. Does it happen on all spell and spell+item combinations.

2. Does it crash World, Zone, or Client.

If it crashes world or zone, what does your error logs say.

I would imagine that there may be some sorta conflict in the higher up spells. Probably database oriented as to my knowledge, for proper spell execution, there has to be some database entries to it. Not 100% sure on this, but its a theroy. Kinda like how somes zones and quest are done while others are not. Any new features with the titanium version of EQ that have not been properly configured to work with the Emu would result in a failure of some sort.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:46 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Casting spells or using items with clicky effects of "Unknown" will crash the character and/or zone and/or server sometimes.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:17 PM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Quote:
Casting spells or using items with clicky effects of "Unknown" will crash the character and/or zone and/or server sometimes.
Bingo! I checked it out and reproduced it every single time. I'll just have to stay away from those items are have the effects temporarily removed.

Regards,
Sonic
Old 06-17-2007, 06:23 PM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Still waiting to hear from anyone regarding (newest) 6/07 binaries? Anyone? At all? Please .......?
Old 06-18-2007, 03:22 AM
techguy84
Discordant

If you go to this link

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=DevBranch

there is the instructing on downloading the latest available source that contains any updates made since 3/15. There isnt a tremendous amount but some fixes may be nice. Follow instructions to download the Windows ones and compile away.

If your having trouble compiling, I cant help you too much. I have yet to compile any of the new server builds. I used to compile them back 5 years ago, but I dont run servers like I used to.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:22 AM
Darkonig
Hill Giant

I did have an issue compiling the CVS source. It seems the file source/zone/zonedb.h was saved with the wrong (or at least inconsistent with the other source files) line terminators. This resulted in lines terminated with 0x0d0d0a instead of 0x0d0a or just 0x0a. Although the file looks fine when displayed in notepad, when compiling a number of errors are reported in a lot of files because it cannot process zonedb.h claiming it uses mac line terminators instead of dos or unix. I resolved this for me to compile successfully by running the dos2unix utility against zonedb.h to convert all the line terminators to 0x0a and then running unix2dos against it to convert line terminators to 0x0d0a.