Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Trelin
Fire Beetle

Default Classic era quests (help)

I've been trying to find information on classic quests, but google just can't find them these days.

Back in the day, I did "Ivy Etched" armour quests with my ranger. Warriors had "Crafted Armor", mages had those items that made the pet more powerful(broom for air, torch for fire), and Wizards had the Temperate Flux wand which was a clicky ice/fire debuff.

I think some people called it "Sol Ro gear". Anyone follow?

I'm curious what the name of the armour/weapon is for Necromancers (in particular), I just can't seem to find info on these old quests the way I could a few years ago. But i remember them being a very fun and rewarding quest for classic era.

Thanks for any tips.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Ivy Etched! I remember that, my first character was a ranger and when those quests came out those were "in style" I think it was the boots I could never get becuause on part dropped in that hell-zone, Castle Mistmoore, where you even got creamed by stuff coming though the walls, floor and ceiling!
Then there was some mean little gnome you had to kill (usually ended up the other way around), lived in the Mino-Caves over in Steamfont - I think he dropped a part for the Ivy Coat.
You for got to mention the Bards blue armour quests (forgot the name now), or was that another era? Always had to have a bluish stone the HG's dropped as part of the turn-in.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Lambient? Lamenent? Something like that =)
Old 07-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Yep; Lambent Stone for the Lambent armour quests
Old 07-16-2007, 10:10 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

man i loved that bright blue armor
Old 07-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Trelin
Fire Beetle

Yep, thats the one. I managed to complete the Ivy Etched Boots quest by dragging a full pick-up group to the castle, good times!

I even hailed that evil little gnome (Meldrath) in the mino caverns the other day when playing Legacy of the Rathe. I think I'll pop by in 10 levels and say "hi" to him.

But does anyone know what the necromancer quests were called?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Trelin
Fire Beetle

Not sure how I missed this before (searching Sol Ro quests on allakhazam) but here is what I found for benefit of anyone on Legacy of Rathe (assuming the quests are in):

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3290
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3297
Old 07-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Rougal
Fire Beetle

I believe you're thinking of the Robe of Enshroudment, Shadowbound Boots, Shadowbound Gloves, and The Harvester (off hand scythe you no doubt saw so many necros running around with).

As far as quest info on them, go to everquest.allakhazam.com, quests by zone, and then Temple of Solusek Ro and every quest for the temple is located there, the necro stuff is towards the bottom. Hope that helps.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:38 AM
Inn0ruuK
Fire Beetle

You might be better off by using altavista.com or yahoo for your search of classic everquest knowledge.

(gonna do that myself right now, I'll keep you guys informed)