Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:30 PM
kidRiot
Fire Beetle

Default How populated are the servers?

Hello, 5 year EQ vet here. I've always wanted a EQ Classic server, and i heards someone on MMORPG.com talk about a pure classic server, and i found this site. I've always know about the Emu, but never looked into it.

Well. i've been reading around on this site, and am wondering, how populated are the main servers? I looked on the server list on the main website, and saw the classic one that is said to be the best.

Im going to pick up the Titanium edition of EQ today to get started.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Server populations are kinda low. The ones that do move away from the pack may only have around 50-100 players on at times. Neither of those I think harness the "Classic" power that you speak of. There is talk of a project taking off that would try to yeild a true Pre-luclin style game, but it remains to be seen if this will actually work. If it does, pull out your old 400 year old game disc and let er rip!!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Jonathan5
Sarnak

Don't like being negative like this, but save your money. It isn't worth it. Your a 5 year EQ Vet, you'll surely be disapointed. Populations are to low. If you already had the cd's then by all means give it a go.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:39 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Glass 1/2 empty, hmm? Telling people not to waste their money will definitely cause even lower populations, imo.

However, if you are an EQ fan and merely want to see the world again in it's former glory, this is the place. No PoP+ here, at least not yet. Plus, you can setup your own local server and seek revenge on all those sarnaks, goblins, and orcs that did you in relentlessly at your lower levels.

Plenty of positive things about this game still, if you choose to find them.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:58 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

out of all the Game emus i have and continue to play this is my favorite, so spend the 15$ and play. Its all what you make of it
Old 07-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Amra
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan5 View Post
Don't like being negative like this, but save your money. It isn't worth it. Your a 5 year EQ Vet, you'll surely be disapointed. Populations are to low. If you already had the cd's then by all means give it a go.
Why bother coming on this site and posting? It's obviously worth your time to come here and post "don't waste your money.."

If you have any interest at all in eq or emulation itself, it is well worth your time and money. In fact donate some of that money. $20 for titanium is a small price to pay for what you getting access to.

There are at least 3 servers that have been around a while and have very good populations. I don't know what you would consider low population on an emuserver. There are at least 2 servers that have a steady pop of 40-60 people. That's not too bad considering the fact they keep a good pace all day long. That's a lot of people coming in and out. Not even considering Ceq.

I don't mean to jump on you but that's just poor advice in my opinion.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Jonathan5
Sarnak

Maybe it was, that was merly me speaking from which I wanted to see come from this. So, I was figuring he'd feel the same way which was stupid of me. Running through empty areas to seek revenge seems incredibly lame to me, but of course this is all IMO please don't flame me. I apologize for the poor advice.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:03 PM
techguy84
Discordant

I think that your partialy right Jonathan5. It can be a dissapointment to the seasoned vet, but more people that are vets enjoy this project than ones that dont, despite it not being like LIVE. Thats the key though, its not like LIVE. Some try to get to that point, but its just not LIVE, so its kind of a breath of fresh air.

I wish we could move to a newer client to allow some more people to play, heck, it we could get LIVE compatible again, that should allow several people to switch over, and not have to go out and spend more money on what they dont have, but if you do LIVE compatible, people will want that to continue, and there just isnt the resources there once was to chase live again.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Amra
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan5 View Post
Maybe it was, that was merly me speaking from which I wanted to see come from this. So, I was figuring he'd feel the same way which was stupid of me. Running through empty areas to seek revenge seems incredibly lame to me, but of course this is all IMO please don't flame me. I apologize for the poor advice.
I really didn't mean to lash out at you. I am sorry. I just smoked and I tend to get all emotional lol

But I think that many people don't realize what we have and the potential for it's future. I wouldn't want to turn anyone away who has an interest and could possibly contribute in the future. Hopefully we'll see Windcatcher's Client soon. Maybe more people will be driven to help develop when they start using it.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Actually. it's all really amazing what work people have done, and very playable. I too am an EQ vet and played since before the Kunark expansion.
I have had just as much fun playing on the servers here as I did with EQ Live. In fact *More* fun, because EqEmu is not constantly adding more expansions that negate what you are currently playing.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:06 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amra
I really didn't mean to lash out at you. I am sorry. I just smoked and I tend to get all emotional lol
Oh geeze, I laughed hard on that one. "Emotional" lol. I thought it was supposed to be paranoia that kicks in??
Old 07-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Amra
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy84 View Post
Oh geeze, I laughed hard on that one. "Emotional" lol. I thought it was supposed to be paranoia that kicks in??
I never get paranoid. I am not afraid of my mom anymore lol
Old 07-17-2007, 09:39 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan5
Running through empty areas to seek revenge seems incredibly lame to me
If a player is looking for EQ to build a large circle of virtual buddies, they should probably pay to play EQLive (although I am starting to think some of our emulators hold a higher server population ) Though I believe the "Preferred" servers provide players with a decent social outlet. But to me (the incredibly lame guy), been there, done that.

I played as much of Live EQ as I could tolerate. I play with the Emu now because it's fun, my pace, and I can go anywhere and see anything I want anytime I want. As a GM on your own server, you can visit places you've been and favor, or see places you've never seen without 20+ people. No flagging. No keys. No waiting to level. This is speaking to those who want to create a private server just to mess around.

Empty? All zones through Luclin are spawned. The only thing the emu zones are empty of is annoying kids.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 AM
oghog
Sarnak

Quote:
The only thing the emu zones are empty of is annoying kids.

LMAO, good one John.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:01 AM
xulok
Fire Beetle

Most of the servers that I really want to play on have very low populations, which is disappointing. While I never want to go back to 2000 people /shouting "hay gusy, let's run seb without a tank!!1", it is nice to have a couple of people to hang out with.

aka Xulok, Vah Shir Rogue, Morell-Thule (RIP)