Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Juko
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a server to play on...need advice

Ok. I am new to EQEmulator but played EQ sence the days of beta. I wouldlike to find a good server. To be honest one that lets you level up fast would be nice as I don't want to spend the next 5 years leeling up a char again. Custom content is cool as long as it works. A good community of players is a big deal too. This is kinda a social game..atlest if you want to get the full fun out of it. If anyone has any servers like this let me know. Thank you.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Cvinion
Sarnak

Try Alakamin's. It's a fairly new server (2weeks) and it has a great playerbase as well as really helpful GM service. Its not hard to level up, and later on when you reach 45+ you can buy all the raid loot you need in bazaar.

Come give it a try ill be happy to twink you a little also.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:25 AM
Xarain
Fire Beetle

how long does it take to hit 45+?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:36 AM
Cvinion
Sarnak

Well it depends, casual play it can take you a week.... but if you really want to one day you can sit down and have it done ina few hours of grinding the right spots.

Any other questions?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:41 AM
Davood
Discordant

it's not too bad

getting the "uber gear" at 45+ isn't going to happen however, to get the high pp sellable (100-300k to npc merchants) gear you will be farming nameds in high end velious / luclin zones, so it won't help you if you are raiding original eq and kunark, but when you hit velious and luclin, the amount of pp you need to buy that gear will appear ... this will be tweaked over time, after it runs for a few months, i'll run some statistical analysis on it and see how fast and from where stuff is entering the game etc etc....

i do stats and db stuff for my RL job so it's fun for me.

Last edited by Davood; 01-23-2008 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: completing it
Old 01-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Astaldoath
Sarnak

Ill come if someone can twink me a mage, Ill repay of course
Old 01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

astral , beta out of stages

no one is twinked as it is :(
Old 01-29-2008, 12:16 PM
robobobdole
Fire Beetle

I have a similar question (although I'm looking for something slightly different).

I'm trying to find the most populated legit pre-Luclin server with an xp modifier that's not super-high. I've been on Vallon/Tallon Zek for about a week now, but I'd really prefer a PvE server (as I think it being PvP [and, especially, the type of PvP that it is] will drastically prevent certain things from ever being accomplished on the server.

Any suggestions?