Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:39 AM
ven-elexver
Banned

Default Tome oF Discord server is up

new pvp server with all zones and POK Nexus is now up work is still being done but is playable it is loot 1 coin and 1 item from player death is not perm . this is not the old discord server it a pvp server, for now epic quests are down i will be working on getting them up for now all new accounts can get some higher lvl Fabled gear free and mounts free at Main Bank Pok but the npcs will be removed soon so get in and get yours lot of handin quests are up and some noob armor ,also the GM quests are working, in starting citys you can find the Agent of Glooming deep to go TO gloomingdeep = Escape to Norrath.. nice for first time players and players just getting back in to EQ . Hope to see you soon
Old 03-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Leodextrin
Fire Beetle

love it so far man, minus the whole mouse click targeting issue that seemingly I alone am suffering lol, anyway man keep up the good work

love
- Enoch
Old 03-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Estrang
Sarnak

Just my 2 cents, for a PVP server you have a ton of zones open, meaning first of all finding other players to PVP is going to take awhile becuase eqemu has a small population base while there are roughly 1,000 zones. Second, there seems to be a lag issue, pretty hefty zone times. Third, item loot with no level range is going to discourage any new players from joining for any length of time.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:20 AM
ven-elexver
Banned

Hi well to start off the world size i think is fine once i can disable anon that way you see all players levels and what zone they are in so you can find them and with POK getting to them should be no prob. and No level range on pvp loot should not be a issue if a level 50 pks a level 20 im sure its not for his gear it for the fun of pvp and i hope to add items for a pvp point sys . and as far as lag goes I'm not sure what the issue could be this is a home run server and is ran from a 5mb cable set up is not going to be as fast as a live server. but its up if any one wants to play. If not np it don't cost me a dime to run but ty for your input
Old 03-06-2008, 07:40 PM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven-elexver View Post
Hi well to start off the world size i think is fine once i can disable anon that way you see all players levels and what zone they are in so you can find them and with POK getting to them should be no prob. and No level range on pvp loot should not be a issue if a level 50 pks a level 20 im sure its not for his gear it for the fun of pvp and i hope to add items for a pvp point sys . and as far as lag goes I'm not sure what the issue could be this is a home run server and is ran from a 5mb cable set up is not going to be as fast as a live server. but its up if any one wants to play. If not np it don't cost me a dime to run but ty for your input
Yes, its always fun be to a level 20 getting ganked by level 50s. I know most people love being ganked. Its why they play, so they can be steamrolled by someone they have absolutely no chance against. Add to that the JOY of having their items taken willy nilly by the nice level 50s who have nothing to gain by their own joy of ganking.

Yes, let the level 50s have all the fun, after all, theyre the only ones who count.

Im thinking of a phrase made up of a couple words. One word begins with S and ends D and the other starts with I and ends with T. Can you guess todays secret phrase?
Old 03-07-2008, 12:01 PM
ven-elexver
Banned

well happy to see you love the idea of no Level cap you must have never played live pvp . we had this and was a lot of players loving it even the lower levels i went from lvl 1 - 45 with out getting pked by higher levels that much just show respect and most of the time you are fine. but from what i see . you have a hard time with that so maybe you are true Blue. and its not like i force you to play this is my sandbox and if you don't have the nerve to play real pvp dont click server TY.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Leodextrin
Fire Beetle

I love it so far, and there is a ton of respect for lower levels, everyone is helpful as well. PvP on this server is more for fun rather then gear. I enjoy it, I always have loved true Pvp (well sorta, true PvP entails no safe-zones) But like I was saying you either PvP for fun on this server, or because somebody is getting annoying, at least since I've been playing
Old 03-08-2008, 05:52 AM
ven-elexver
Banned

Ty . I'm the only Gm dev programmer for server at this time so I am trying to fix stuff as i go . Stuff will change some and I will upgrade server hardware as i can i understand that zone times are slow i have bumped up the ram of server but it is still now what i want i hope in a week or two i can boost it some more. Max player is 70 now. Omen zones are open . Free mount and some higher level gear for level 50+ is in pok for 1 more week so now would be a good time to bank it its nodrop so you will always have it. its not a full set of gear but some items you can keep with out worry at higher levels . the Npc are at main bank The buff bot on the rocks behind pok main bank is working . the agent of gloomingdeep at starting city's will port you to the noob zone of glooming to get some free low level items like live did . I am thinking of custom Pok so players will not get around as easy but can still go to planes and get spells ect. PS pls petition for guild creation give guild leaders (characters) Name and 2 Guild Names. in case the frist one is took or is a name that i don't approve of ty
Old 03-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Leodextrin
Fire Beetle

servers running alot faster now : D
and as usual still love it, it's too bad more people aren't on it yet
I cant wait for it to get populated
Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Ven-elexver1
Sarnak

the pok books in and out of pok no longer work you now must use nexus to get to zones and pok from pok you can go to POT . bazaar guild hall and some other zones. this is to give it more of a old world feel but still have planes and omen zones.Some zones you was stuck in like Field of bone has a Transport npc to get you past like 4 zones of lvl 1-40 mobs. look round you will find them along the way. More changes to come the free mounts guy and buff bot are at pok main bank. the Fabled npc is gone for good . May see him in events someday . all zones have a little exp boost but nothing that will jump out at ya.come take a look but rember this server is not done. Loot is 1 item and all coin on corpse no drop items may NOT be looted.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Ven-elexver1
Sarnak

server is going Guildwar if all works out. will post more as i go.