Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:09 PM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

Default No Servers Poping up..

I've finally got to the point to where i can actually log in but when I do the server board comes up but no listing of any servers. The option buttons work and everything. The only thing i'm missing is the actual servers. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 05-16-2008, 07:26 PM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

bump....................................
Old 05-16-2008, 09:05 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

its possible that the login server is down... but theres no way for me to check for you atm... then again it could be a host of other problems with your connection and or firewall
Old 05-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

I don't know about before, but the LS is working fine right now.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:29 AM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

Well for me it's the same thing. I log in and I get the boarder/outline of the server listing just no servers to select from. I don't know what the deal is. I have all my firewalls off just to get this working.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Naazul
Fire Beetle

Default no servers popping up

Ya I am having this problem too, all weekend. I get to the server select screen and nothing shows up....even quick connect isn't working. I even tried re-installing on another machine, and no dice, same problem. Was wondering if anyone else could shed some light on this issue, thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 12:37 AM
trevius
Developer

Naazul, I would be willing to bet money that you are not using a retail copy of Titanium and that is your problem. If you are using something other that Titanium or an Illegal downloaded copy, it won't work and won't be supported on these forums.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:42 PM
LordAdakos
Sarnak

Im having the same problem. (And before you ask, Trev, I am using legit) just started this afternoon (afaik) when i came home from work (~3:30pm EST)

-Was there a recent update to the login server?
-Was there a recent port change?

I am un-able to ping eqemulator.net [ip address resolves as 64.251.21.39]
I get connection time-out messages.

I am, however able to connect to this website (which appears to share the same IP) leading me to conclude that something happened with the server itself, or the port.

Just my observations, any suggestions/support would be wonderful.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Elvbryn
Fire Beetle

I also am getting a blank list for servers to select from i was able to log in with no problems from mid last week intill this afternoon played last night no problems but cant get in now
Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 PM
trevius
Developer

This isn't the support section FYI, it specifically says not to post support issues here. Posting in the correct section helps to keep things organized for maximum support, searching and other features.

Anyway, I saw a post in the support section of a similar problem. I don't know why you are all seeing this issue suddenly pop up, but here was one guy's solution from a thread there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitScarabee View Post
Hi,

I had the exact same problem. I figured that I have changed recently my video card, so i decided to launch OptionsEditor.exe to choose the video options.
And the servers are now back in the server selection list !! And I can play !!

Hope this trick can help you too .
So, my first question would be; What did you guys change between the last time it was working to the time the problem started? Something had to have changed somewhere. I can connect fine every time, so it doesn't seem to be a LS issue, it seems to be a client problem.

My guess is that if you didn't change any hardware out, maybe you did a software update, or maybe windows did an automatic update causing an issue. Posting your OS and any hardware you might have changed or software you installed might be a good way to start investigating this issue. Microsoft just release Windows XP SP3 in the past week or so, so maybe you guys are all downloading that either manually or through the automatic update (automagically), and that could be causing some sort of issue. That might explain the flood of this particular issue over the past few days.

But, since I am running SP3 and mine can see all servers fine, that points to there being some other thing that you all have in common. So, please post your hardware specs and any other information and which version of windows you are on. You can check if you have SP3 or not by right clicking My Computer and going to Properties. It will list which Service Pack you are on.

Also, have you guys rebooted your PC and tried to connect again to see if that could be the problem?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Elvbryn
Fire Beetle

the only thing that has resently changed on my computer is my game froze last night and my whole computer froze up had to turn it off via power button and did not try logging back in again till this afternoon i guess i can try restarting my computer doing that now and will see what happens
Old 05-21-2008, 07:51 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvbryn View Post
the only thing that has resently changed on my computer is my game froze last night and my whole computer froze up had to turn it off via power button and did not try logging back in again till this afternoon i guess i can try restarting my computer doing that now and will see what happens
That happening may have corrupted your options file possibly. You probably also want to try the fix that was quoted in my post about. Start eq and chose Options instead of logging in. Then, set all of the settings the way you want and save them then exit EQ completely and restart it again and see if that helps.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Elvbryn
Fire Beetle

i restarted my computer no luck
went into options and set to default no luck
Old 05-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Naazul
Fire Beetle

Default Still nothing

First off Trevius you would lose any money you would bet because mine is retail. In facti have every single EQ expansion up to the current secrets of Faydwer on disc, so that isnt the problem. Tried the options thing, tried re-installing, tried using different machine.

Played fine for about 2 months and then this is an all of a sudden thing, and seem pretty common since because people across all the forums for the actual servers and saying they are having the same issue.

1 out of 100 tries you may get lucky and the servers may show up, more majority of the time it is blank.

Seems like something to do with the LS but no one knows what.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:23 PM
jenco420
Banned

I see the LS acting up from time to time but it's not like omfg bad. But i just chain login until the servers pop up, takes up to 5 mins sometimes. I bet what happens is 20-25 people are like wtf, and chain try to log on and it gets clogged for a bit.