Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-08-2002, 11:46 AM
Missy
Fire Beetle

Default Pls help!!

Hi, i'm really interested in helping develop the databases. I would like to update items, zones, npc's, spells, etc etc. What would I need to do this? Also is there a tutorial I could read on how to use the actual program needed if there is a program for it? (I have the latest emu) Thanks,
-Missy
Old 07-08-2002, 12:01 PM
Hardy
Dragon

http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-max-4.0.html , download the appropriate mySQL for your OS and http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=41381 download the Admin Tool 2.6. That helps you work on a database. Pretty self explanatory. If you have any troubles, just reply

When you download mySQL, create a database by opening winmysqladmin and going to the database tab, right click and tell it to create a database, i usually name mine eq. Put the db.sql file from the emu download into your mysql/bin folder. Been way to long since I have done this, but I believe you run mysql.exe, type: use (put your database name here) if its eq then type: use eq, then type: source db.sql. You will see a bunch of lines flying by, thats normal, close it as soon as the text quits and takes you back to the command line.

If any of this is wrong info, plz reply to this, its been over a month since I created a database, doh! I believe this is correct though

Edit: BTW, if you have MSN or Yahoo Messanger, tell me, I will be more than happy to walk ya through the steps, much easier than doing that over the forums

Another Edit :p: Found a compatible 3.4 database with items/spawns: http://home.earthlink.net/~dpuch/mis...q34_dump-2.zip
Old 07-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Missy
Fire Beetle

Default My aim

My AIM SN is Missy62301 Pls add me. I'll be very glad for a walkthrough.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:49 PM
Hardy
Dragon

I don't have AIM :( only MSN and Yahoo
Old 07-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Missy
Fire Beetle

Default What's ur yahoo name?

What's ur yahoo name? I'll go d/l it and make one.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:45 AM
Hardy
Dragon

ieverquest