Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:34 PM
shazam
Fire Beetle

Default Old School account passwords reset 8-(

I wanna start be saying I know your extremely busy right now and thing your doing a hell of a job. It's a shame all the work and time you have too spend on sorting this crap out.
I've been around emu for a long time and have had several accounts during that time. most of which I've been able too recover my info and emu passwords from. buts there's a couple with e-mail accounts that never got one or no longer exist anymore. I'd like too know if there's anyway to retrieve this info or edit it too my new e-mail account. If anyone can let me know about this , it'd be great. Just figures the 2 accounts I need the info too most are the ones giving me the Grief.

Like i stated above , I know your super busy with just the basic daily things here and all the new problems going on. So when ya get a sec, please let me know. Keep up the great work all!

Dickyj
Old 03-09-2009, 12:00 AM
trevius
Developer

The passwords that were reset were only the forum account logins, not the actual Login Server account passwords. You should still be able to access all of your old Login Server accounts just like normal. The only disadvantage of not having access to your forums account would be that you cannot change your Login Server account passwords if you wanted to for any reason. But, if you don't know what your Login Server account passwords are to begin with, you wouldn't be able to change them or recover them anyway, as there is no process for them, only for forum accounts.

So, really, you should be fine just having this one forums account reset. Only administrators would have access to change email addresses. There is no way for us to verify 100% if the person requesting that their email address get changed is the owner of that account. So, it isn't very likely that we would change them. Even though access to just the forum account doesn't cause too many security risks, since people would still need the Login Server account password in order to effect the actual owner. There are still other concerns like people taking information from PMs or people getting access to old privileged accounts on these forums like Moderators or higher which would give them access to areas and features that normal users shouldn't have access to.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
LesPaulLover
Fire Beetle

i know, i dont need the passwords etc. all i need are my LesPaulLover accounts LS ACCOUNT NAMES (again, no passwords)