Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:45 PM
ShadowStalker881
Fire Beetle

Default Keyclone

I was wondering how I could get Keyclone to work for boxing. If anyone could post a guide or a link to where i can find out that would be great!
Old 09-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Rogean
Administrator

What is keyclone?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

its something like keyboard emulator design for purpose of dual-boxing. I think it was originally made for WoW
Old 09-07-2009, 01:53 PM
ShadowStalker881
Fire Beetle

"what is keyclone
essentially, keyclone is a p2p, unicasting keyboard emulator.

keyclone links applications together...enabling you to hit 'F1' within one application, and having that key simultaneously sent to each of the other applications keyclone is managing. it will also send those same keys to any other keyclones you may have linked in, which in turn will distribute the keys to the applications they are managing. "

That was taken from The FAQ http://www.solidice.com/keyclone/faq.html

And it was originally made for Shadowbane. It makes a virtual keyboard so when I press the 1 key it sends that keypress to all the instances of the game and what ever each character has for the 1 key they will do.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

I'd actually advise using ISBoxer instead of Keyclone if you are multi-boxing for efficiency. You'll need LavishSoft's Innerspace, and it basically does everything keyclone does and more. There's even a quick start guide so it is efficient for newbies.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:46 AM
avakai
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
I'd actually advise using ISBoxer instead of Keyclone if you are multi-boxing for efficiency. You'll need LavishSoft's Innerspace, and it basically does everything keyclone does and more. There's even a quick start guide so it is efficient for newbies.
I thought I had read on the Lavish forums something about the current build of innerspace having problems working with the Emu. I haven't tried them yet, but I was seriously thinking about it.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:22 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I normally use autohotkey. Though, I haven't really sat down to make it too complex for multiboxing, but it's possible to do some of the stuff you're talking about. source is downloadable etc.
http://www.autohotkey.com/download/
Note it's not for super easy setting up, most of it is done via a scripting language.
I try to avoid Lavish software since their login registration thing is kind of annoying.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 09-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Innerspace == Macroquest == Not Allowed.