Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Nyrod
Fire Beetle

Talking Velious Armor Textures - screenshots and a little more

this may be redundant or old information but thought i would share for nice nostalgia and enjoyment. also maybe a place to put all this stuff together...not a major "find" but could be usefull

only took me a day or two of messing around, trial and error and searching to finally figure this stuff out (never found complete info on this).

this only works with pre-luclin models and you must enable the velious expansion on your server and everyone who logs into it must also turn on velious textures in their eqclient.ini - change LoadArmor17-23 from =FALSE to =TRUE

this is a basic description of each texture that i observerd

17 - Cloth (Velious Leather on Allakhazams, Icy in EQemu guidebook)
18 - Ringmail (Vel Chain on Allah, Dragonskin in guide)
19 - Scale (Vel Plate on Allah, Stability pattern in guide)
20 - Leather (Vel Leather2 on Allah, Ulthork in guide)
21 - Chain (Vel Chain2 on Allah, Ry'gorr pattern in guide)
22 - Plate (Plate2 on Allah, Gaurdian pattern in guide)
23 - Monk (Vel Monk on Allah, took me awhile to find this, not listed in guidebook)

i was going nuts trying to find the helmet texture when i randomly tried holding a custom velious helm and using #iteminfo, saw IDF: IT240 and tried using 240 and it was the one! so...

240 - Custom Velious Helm texture

as far as i can tell there are no custom velious robe textures? another thing to note, i couldnt figure out which texture was the monk armor because it seemed as if only textures 17-22 worked until i changed my npc to class 7 (monk) and it changed to the right graphic with 23. now that i think of it i didnt test caster classes with the chain/plate (i did notice warlock's armor was all texture 20 except the chest - robe) texture but im not sure who would want a necro npc wearing velious chain or plate...

i think im forgetting something else i was going to add but here at the pictures...lol my monitor is at 1680x1050 so you might have to scroll >_<

Iksar - first cause they are the coolest imo!~

Barbarian

Dark Elf

Dwarf

Erudite - female helm graphic here doesnt seem to be working 100% like it should..

Gnome

Half Elf

Halfing

High Elf

Human

Ogre - didnt want to take the time to spread ogre/troll out lol...might fix it later

Troll - would probably be worth spreading them out, some of these are just SIIICK lookiing...

Wood Elf

Monk

and lastly...sorry just realized its a bit dark, will have to get a better example later

Blue Plate

made this picture because i wanted to reference another thread i read when trying to find out how to change the armor tint on npcs....

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28182

Trevius, if you or someone else that reads this ever did find a fix for this would be great to know!

I was also testing out some weapons graphics. i heard the npc had to have the item in its loot table for it to show but i just changed the value in GeorgeS npc editor under the "held weapon" value and it showed fine?

something i really wish i could have found and still would like to see is a list of helm textures and held weapon(shield) textures...anyone know where i could find these? in GeorgeS npc editor i noticed for some weapon textures he had a picture icon showing many of them so someone has done some work compiling many of these....

gotta love velious!

Nyrod
Old 09-19-2009, 03:04 AM
Naes
Fire Beetle

Haha hell yea nice work taking all them screenies. Velious was the bomb
Old 09-19-2009, 03:08 AM
Nyrod
Fire Beetle

p.s. please add to this if you have other velious stuff that i missed!
Old 09-19-2009, 04:07 AM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, the armor tint for NPCs is already fully functional. On an updated server, you can just edit the new fields in the npc_types table for red, blue, and green and set them anywhere from 0 to 255 until you find the tint that you like. Also, you can use the new npc_types_tint table to create tints for individual slots and make entire sets that you can set easily on any NPC by changing the tint id in the npc_types table for any npc that is a player race.

I would still like to expand this even further to allow us to set different textures for each slot at some point. So, you could have a plate BP, and chain Legs, and leather bracers, etc. I would also like to have commands to be able to adjust these from in game in real-time so you can see the change right away and then save the look once you get it exactly how you want it. And to expand even further, I still want to have quest commands to do all of that as well via scripts. Also, I want to make quest commands for changing facial features and stuff too. Most of that wouldn't be too hard to code, but it would be quite a few commands and such to make, and I am working more on content than coding atm. But, that is all stuff I would like to work on at some point. I think once all of that is in, it will really finish off the appearance stuff for all of EQEmu to add full flexibility in every way possible.

For weapon graphics, you can use #wc <slot> <model number> to change the looks from in-game. If you just want to see all of the possibilities, GeorgeS already has a tool filled out with all of the images available on his site called something like the Weapon Model Encyclopedia. It includes all weapons and shields and a few other things as well.

The information you have on Velious Textures would be good stuff to put in our Wiki if you feel up to it. Hopefully, we can move to MediaWiki at some point and maybe Rogean will allow us to set it to let people upload pics. Then, it would be easy to make nice looking wiki pages with pics included that are all hosted on the server here.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Nyrod
Fire Beetle

awesome, so cool! thanks Trev, now to get GeorgeS to implement this into his NPC editor to make it even faster! ill have to suggest it under his forum....

also, i had yet to try all of his tools so im really looking forward to messing around with the weapons encyclopedia!!

Nyrod
Old 09-19-2009, 05:23 AM
trevius
Developer

It is already implemented into his NPC Loot Editor :P Just go to Tools, then "View Weapon and Shield Pics". That will pop up a new window where you can view them all. You then just select the one you like and it will put the number to use in the box at the bottom and you copy and paste that to your NPC in either primary or secondary. I just like the encyclopedia better because the images are bigger.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Nyrod
Fire Beetle

ha, ya i see that now after DLing the encyclopedia but what i was talking about was the ability to modify an armor tint id and or each slot in the tint table, and of course adding it to npcs....

Nyrod
Old 09-19-2009, 06:10 AM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, he does need to get those fields added at some point. He already has a nice color wheel thing for editing color on actual items. I am guessing he could implement that into the NPC Loot Editor and make it really easy to get the color you want. It would be cool to have a tool for creating tint sets as well, but I would want to add in a way to set armor textures for individual slots before he put time into making a way to change tint. It might as well do both tint and texture at the same time.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:16 AM
Nyrod
Fire Beetle

ya i was thinking about that too. is this why say for instance the base color on the custom velious crowns worn by iksars is "pink" and you have to add enough color to it so you dont see like a "greenish pinky" color? or am i thinking of something totally different? i tested changing the color using the item editor and i just ended up with the same results...whatever color i wanted blended with the pink. made it so i couldnt get solid white or gray really. i didnt try using dye's ingame lol but that isnt what i would want to do anyhow..

also, wether i used the tint id and changed the rgb of each armor piece or just changing the npc's tint on say for instance the monks the skin of the npc is changed aswell making it kind of an eyesore. is this not fixable because the armor texture includes the skin of the iksar/human? been awhile but maybe its only in luclin models is this possible right?

lol almost need to repost this under support :P but ya...
Old 09-19-2009, 12:14 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I clearly see a relation between Dark Elf Velious plate and post Luclin DE plate- its the same armor by design, just redone with better Luclin engine.

While I admire the great engine rework they did with Luclin, I still think they could have done more than to give each race just the 3 textures - heck after all SOE claimed in the beginning that new Luclin engines allows then to make player model to actual "wear" the armor rather than just to texture it over, and that it allows them to make virtually endless number of custom looking armors... And of course in a typical SOE way they never did =)

I specially miss the DE Golden Scales armor - it was the Noctivigant set I always wanted, and of course Wood Elf Crystal Chitin "Glass" armor was my big cry over =)
Old 09-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I always thought Dark Elf Velious Helm >>>>>> luclin male. felt like I was like an imputant inkie when luclin came around for plate wearers, while I was a flower of prime back in the day.

Awesome post btw, I will likely use it!

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 08-06-2013, 05:04 AM
Nyrod
Fire Beetle

winter is coming
Old 08-07-2013, 02:06 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrod View Post
winter is coming
What?

You haven't made a post in 4 years, then come back and necro a thread with a comment that makes no sense? Makes me wonder if your account was compromised or something. Or, maybe you are just referring to Velious in that comment, and that you are finally going to release content relevant to this thread?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:48 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Pssst trevius, winter is coming!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:06 AM
knowom
Discordant

Hate to re-necro this thread, but winter is coming!

No, but onto a serious question can we expand upon these Velious client side texture swaps options found in the eqclient.ini?

Here are the defaults configured to off TRUE configures them on.

LoadArmor17=FALSE
LoadArmor18=FALSE
LoadArmor19=FALSE
LoadArmor20=FALSE
LoadArmor21=FALSE
LoadArmor22=FALSE
LoadArmor23=FALSE

If you took global22_amr.s3d and LoadArmor22=TRUE eqclient.ini setting and rename it global30_amr.s3d and LoadArmor30=TRUE and also changed material #22 on Velious plate item such as "Breastplate of the Myrmidon" to material #30 would this show up as a Velious plate texture?

I wanted to test it myself, but my db seems to be partially fubar atm items up showing up atm since I last went to do a peqdb update on it screwed up the sourcing proces apparently.

I thought this could be a nice way to add more client side texture swap toggle options assuming it worked.