Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:32 AM
eski2
Hill Giant

Default where to buy SoF in Australia (in hardcopy)?

When i used to play live, i had the digital download, and i don't remember ever seeing SoF in the stores here. Now I know I can buy it through various american sources but it's like $10 for the dvd and $20 shipping, which seems crazy. If there is anyone local who knows of a seller, I'd be interested? Or is it not worth it? I noticed some servers support it but i don't know how much of the content is available on these servers... from memory there were a lot of tasks!

Is it possible to buy a DVD of it second hand? After all, i don't need a working key?

I haven't done much shopping online so apologies if the answer is obvious to you folks!
Old 12-26-2009, 01:26 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

try Ebay. But just want to say you can't go wrong with SoF, as it has everything Titanium has +more
Old 12-26-2009, 01:19 PM
airtalking
Fire Beetle

I can mail you a copy for $5 plus the flat shipping, but I'm in oklahoma, US, so I don't know that it would be much cheaper. You can calculate the shipping I'm sure to see if you want to. Its 8 oz. or 0.23 kg packaged. Game is $5, package is 50 cents. So $5.50 on top of whatever your estimated delivery charge is. Catch is i'd like to open it up and donate the CD key to PEQ, the CD's would be pristine, I don't take them out of the box, just open it up and take a pic of the CD key. I don't frequent these boards so email me mqemulator@gmail.com, or PM maudigan on PEQ's forums, I hit that board daily.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:25 PM
airtalking
Fire Beetle

Lol.... nevermind... fedex rate from me to sydney for a half pound package is around $80... perhaps those guys offering it for 20 would be the best thing for you =P

http://www.theupsstore.com/qcc/summa...txtRepost=True
Old 01-03-2010, 05:10 AM
eski2
Hill Giant

yes, i found a friend here who is getting it shipped via ebay; it's insane that sony doesn't just let you download a copy for a price (maybe through a local store like EB) because moving a bunch of data is much much much! cheaper than transporting the same data burnt onto a dvd.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:55 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

you don't want SOE digital copy =P
cause it will be automatically updated with latest patch which will NOT be compatible with Emu server =P
Old 01-03-2010, 01:17 PM
jkennedy
Hill Giant

i believe that Newegg.com has sof that they will ship to aussie not sure on shipping cost its free if ur within the us i know that