Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Matteo123
Fire Beetle

Default Server Suggestion

Hi all. I posted a similar question in the general forums, but it looks like I should have posted here instead. My apologies for the double post.

First, thanks to all the server admins for making this possible. I am looking for a server recommendation for a friend and I to duo in. We are looking for something close to the following:

1. Limited number of expansions (ideal would be EQ/Kun/Vel since this is when we played) - limited issue since we can just limit ourselves to those zones

2. Live loot only/limited custom loot (hopefully including banned items like guise for my TSK and a manastone for my friend's caster)

3. Quick leveling

4. High item drop rates

5. High spawn rates

6. Duo friendly - likely going TSK and some type of caster

Simply put, we are two older guys looking to relive the glory days of EQ 1 without the fuss of actually have to /played 50 days to get to the good stuff. I guess the ideal would be a Project 1999 "lite" server that was limited to orig EQ but had the increased exp and higher drop/spawn rates so we can enjoy EQ when we both have time (which is limited).

We have also considered creating a server, but don't know a lot about what this would take to tweek a server to get it to these configurations.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:49 PM
madhatta317
Sarnak

Hey bro, sarus is fun, its duoable the whole server so its easier, and only kunark is unlock. All the old items like manastone are still there, and theres bots so it can be you your friend and each of you have a bot making a group of 4. All around great server check it out
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 AM
bluejam
Hill Giant

Not trying to hijack this thread, but my query is of a similar kind, so I thought it wouldn't be necessary to create another one.

My passion for EQ was rekindled a few days ago when I remembered EQEmu after finding some old EQ screenshots on my harddrive. I quit a couple of months after PoP was released since (imo) the game got more complicated and maybe even more time consuming with the flag introduction aso. I am from Europe, but joined or better was invited into an US based guild by a friend's brother who introduced us to EQ which made raiding only possible on weekends/holidays. Additionally I soon went to college which meant less time as well.

Ok, nevermind the past. A few years back there was a server which only allowed Kunark and Velious (*love*) as expansions, but let you begin at level 46 with some Kunark/Velious gear and epic 1.0 which means you still had to put some effort in to get to/see the good stuff.
I think PEQ classic is a great idea with the whole expansion progression package, but I find myself VERY unmotivated to get through all the timesink trouble again for at least a year to be able to raid some kunark or maybe just classic zones. After all I quit because I didn't have the time anymore and I will have even less time once I graduate college.
So my question is: are there any similar servers like the one mentioned above, true to live, with some help at the beginng (level/gear)?