Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Vampire1212
Sarnak

Default EQExtractor 2 - No Half Assing :P

So I wanted to populate the revamped zones for full emulator use so I can trash the classic ones.

But, I realized to collect packets with the wonderful tool of EQExtractor you can't stop once started.

My mobs I did collect are working perfect, merchants and such. The other I didn't do so I could test ended being spawned where the hell they pleased.

So all in all, I learned not to half ass things :P
Old 12-16-2010, 09:38 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire1212 View Post
The other I didn't do so I could test ended being spawned where the hell they pleased.
I am interested in what you said here. What did you mean by this ? If you did not collect something how did it end up getting spawned anywhere ? If you collected packets on NPC1, NPC2 and NPC3 but not NPC4, then how did NPC4 get spawned at all ? I am excited by this though. I plan on signing up again for you-know-what this weekend and it has been like 5 years since. Then going to sit my laptop next to my desktop and try to get into recreating some zones.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Derision
Developer

If you are planning to do your own collect for a zone your database already has spawns for, then you need to nuke the existing entries in your database.

By default, the extractor uses insert IDs (for npc_types, spawngroup, spawnentry, spawn2, gridid, merchantid, groundspawns and objects) of the form <zone id number>000.

So for example if you had a collect for freeportwest, the ids would start at 383000.

The generated SQL includes deletes for these ranges, e.g 383000-383999, however. PEQ uses the same convention only for npc_types, so when replacing a PEQ zone, you need to manually delete the existing entries from the other tables yourself, e.g.:

Code:
delete from doors where zone like 'freeportwest';
delete from spawngroup where name like 'freeportwest%';
delete from spawnentry where npcID >= 383000 and npcID <= 383999;
delete from spawn2 where zone like 'freeportwest';
delete from grid where zoneid = 383;
delete from grid_entries where zoneid = 383;
delete from ground_spawns where zoneid = 383;
delete from object where zoneid = 383;
If you don't do this, you will likely end up with the zone being populated both with the spawns from your packet collect, and the spawns that were already in the database.

I don't know if that is what happened to Vampire1212, but it is the only way spawns would be anywhere else other than where they should be (unless a patch has bugged the collector, but I am pretty sure I did a test import after the last live patch).
Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Well if these were already pulled from live and my problem all along was lack of MAP files then it could be pointless. I guess what I need is to work on what is left, factions, loot, etc....the tedious stuff that has to be done by hand.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Well if these were already pulled from live and my problem all along was lack of MAP files then it could be pointless. I guess what I need is to work on what is left, factions, loot, etc....the tedious stuff that has to be done by hand.
No, what Derision explaining is more likely the case. I've ran into the incident myself, you need to make sure you don't have conflicting spawns.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:30 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Yeah but what I am saying I will not be inserted any spawns into the database because more than likely what the default PEQ database has is fine. If I do any inserts from a collector dump I will make sure I delete the old spawns.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Yeah but what I am saying I will not be inserted any spawns into the database because more than likely what the default PEQ database has is fine. If I do any inserts from a collector dump I will make sure I delete the old spawns.
... Then what did you need?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:17 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Never said I needed anything. I was just piggy backing on to someone's thread.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Vampire1212
Sarnak

Yeah, I didn't delete the old spawns. I didn't think that be an issue! The only reasons I did my own collects was to port my freeport and such to the revamped versions current on live.