Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Crenshinabon
Fire Beetle

Default Literally no pvp classic server in existence?

After all the new casual friendly pvp games I tried, I have been wanting to play a true pvp game. I decided to finally give vallon/tallon a go even with the low population but noticed it is no longer up.

Considering classic eq pvp was the best I have played surely there are a lot others who feel the same? Where is the pvp love? Is there no pvp classic server that currently exist?

I like P99 and the new Fippy Prog Server but I quit both of those feeling something lacking. It just feels right to truly pvp over spawns and camps. I have always felt like deep down EQ was meant for pvp and would LOVE to see a 1/2 decent pvp server open again. I know for a fact about 5 of my friends who would drop what they doing in a heartbeat if something like P99 pvp opened up with some decent rules ( 1 item loot etc)

Keep up the good work though EQEmu, keeping P99 goin is so awesome. I also know EZ server is well populated but have never tried it. =P

PvP server would get my 15 a month for sure!~
Old 03-18-2011, 12:02 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

well Rogean will MAYBE make a P99 based PvP server.. just have to wait and see
Old 03-22-2011, 05:55 PM
EvolCryo
Fire Beetle

I am playing regular EQ on the ZEK server... Things are pretty messed up with the over powered classes and wanted to try something new.

I bumped into EQ Emu and wanted to check things out here... So, there are no current pvp servers open?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:32 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

not at the moment, but check again in a few weeks
Old 04-02-2011, 10:33 AM
woohoo
Fire Beetle

<< also in line for an old school Zek server to someday be avail

I understand the pvp server Zek guys had a reputation of being a-holes etc, and there were plenty. All the more reason for good people to come and join in on a struggle against morons, you can DO something about buttwipes on a pvp server without guilt, shame or train.

Would gladly contribute as said above for a team or rallos style old Classic EQ server.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:30 AM
lanystvyl
Sarnak

If you would like to test (lanys tvyl) I have been at it for about 2 months now and it is looking better every day, its not totally classic but its getting closer. right now all classes and races are playable but I would urge against making an ikky or kitty because you will have no home ie.. you will need to build faction not an easy path. Froggy's have a home but I need to add lower level spell merchants, its low on the list of things to do right now. but all the classic characters are there and should function normally.

As for the pvp side of things there is 1 item and cha ching.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Crenshinabon
Fire Beetle

Awesome Lanys.... even though it is not sponsored I might give it a go here soon. Been having fun pvping in Rift but nothing can replace the awesome that is EQ pvp. Wish a few more peeps were on your server though, max of 3 people? =P