Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:43 AM
Zothen
Hill Giant

Question Health / Mana / Stamina Regen

I already enabled SoD Regen in the rules table, but still, the chars bars go up then down again. The values are increasing, yes, but why this seesaw? Possible to fix?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:52 AM
trevius
Developer

Make sure you also enabled the rule for using the SoD HP/Mana/End Formulas, as they are different from the older clients. This is the main cause of the HP bouncing issue on servers that haven't enabled it yet.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:34 AM
Zothen
Hill Giant

Thats what I meant, I enabled "Character:SoDClientUseSoDHPManaEnd" already, but am still encountering this issue, not as bad as before, but its still there.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:07 AM
trevius
Developer

Here are some other rules from ruletypes.h related to Regen and OOC Regen:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem...on/ruletypes.h

Code:
RULE_INT ( Character, HPRegenMultiplier, 100)
RULE_INT ( Character, ManaRegenMultiplier, 100)
RULE_INT ( Character, EnduranceRegenMultiplier, 100)

RULE_INT ( Character, RestRegenPercent, 0) // Set to >0 to enable rest state bonus HP and mana regen.
RULE_INT ( Character, RestRegenTimeToActivate, 30) // Time in seconds for rest state regen to kick in.
RULE_BOOL ( Character, RestRegenEndurance, false) // Whether rest regen will work for endurance or not.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Zothen
Hill Giant

Hmm, but why should these settings make bars go down? Isnt the client getting absolute values from the server? It seems like the client got his own formula for regen and that formula isnt in sync with the one from the server. Just my feeling...
Old 04-29-2011, 09:08 AM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, the client has it's own formulas for stuff like that and if the server and client don't match, the client will adjust them to where it thinks they should be, then the server sends the HP/Mana/End update packets and corrects it to match the server.

Another more extreme example is if your client is hit with a really large DoT or HoT. Most of the time, the HPs will bounce quite a bit until it is corrected. I think the HoT/DoT thing is a different issue though and probably something wrong with either how we are sending the casting related/buff packets or maybe something we don't understand/use in the spell file fields yet.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:27 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Yeah, the client has it's own formulas for stuff like that and if the server and client don't match, the client will adjust them to where it thinks they should be, then the server sends the HP/Mana/End update packets and corrects it to match the server.

Another more extreme example is if your client is hit with a really large DoT or HoT. Most of the time, the HPs will bounce quite a bit until it is corrected. I think the HoT/DoT thing is a different issue though and probably something wrong with either how we are sending the casting related/buff packets or maybe something we don't understand/use in the spell file fields yet.
I actually remember large dots causing issues on live as well. You needed to cast a spell (or click an item, didn't matter if it succeeded) to refresh your hp so it would show correctly.