Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-08-2002, 07:15 AM
Echo
Fire Beetle

Default MySQL

Hello, I am trying to make my own emulator server, but I am having problems making a MySQL server. . Pretty much, I dont know where to start. I went into the IRC chat about it and asked if someone could help me, or show me where a FAQ on it was, but I got no response. If someone would be kind enough to help me make a MySQL server, I would appriciate it.

Thanks
Echo
Old 02-08-2002, 07:20 AM
Baltar
Hill Giant

mysql is available at www.mysql.com. If you are setting up a eqemu server from scratch I highly recommend following the Windows_Install_Guide.txt file included with the 2.2 distribution. If you follow it word for word, you should have no problems in the setup. It contains some information on the mysql setup.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:27 AM
Echo
Fire Beetle

Default 2.2

I looked at the site, I DLed version 3.21 (stable release) because I couldnt find version 2.2. The version I DLed didnt come with a readme file.:(
Old 02-08-2002, 10:09 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

0.2.2 is the version of EQEmu. Download it, unzip it, read the Install Guide that comes with it. It has directions on how to set everything up.
Old 02-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Baltar
Hill Giant

yeah I meant the eqemu version 2.2 my bad . always get the latest version of mysql.
Old 02-09-2002, 03:35 AM
Echo
Fire Beetle

Hehe, thanks a lot guys