Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Misc > Archive::Off Topic

Archive::Off Topic Archive area for Off Topic's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-08-2002, 11:32 AM
kharmakazy
Sarnak

Default New emu!

sims online emu. no.... really! that would be kewl. The game is ok... just gets boring following the rules. Takes FOREVER to make any cash to afford all the crap you need to survive.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:00 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

uhh... heh

theres not much you could do with an emulator that you cant do with the game itself. Just use cheats to get money if your that desperate, and dont say im not a cheater, because thats basically what an emulator is.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:32 AM
kharmakazy
Sarnak

I am a cheater. And i'm as much a cheater as you are an idiot. EMulation is NOT cheating. I play through all my old games on zsnes without cheating a single time. Loser.
Old 11-09-2002, 11:21 AM
Hardy
Dragon

Emulations are not mainly all for cheating. Its mainly because u don't wanna pay the monthly payment to play the game, not sure how much Sims Online is, but I know you have to pay. I downloaded the beta test from fileplanet.com and it asked me for my credit card. Was a waste of a 1.3gig download. But yes, a Sims Online emu would be pretty kewl
Old 11-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Zetareticuli
Fire Beetle

Umm, double posted. Read below.

now can I have my buffs plz?
Old 11-12-2002, 05:46 PM
Zetareticuli
Fire Beetle

Actually, I think emulation is the usage of one technology on an unintended platform. That is, something being used on something it was never intended to be used on. Oh and no need to be hard on Darkyth. You can point out a fault without being a jerk.

Just to clear all that up.

now can I have my buffs plz?
Old 11-13-2002, 10:45 AM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

I like the sims single player, I always kill off people when they disobey my lesbian sex requests.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:43 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Default sigh

Quote:
I am a cheater. And i'm as much a cheater as you are an idiot. Emulation is NOT cheating. I play through all my old games on zsnes without cheating a single time. Loser.
ok, first. I don't take your little "flame" harmful.

You don't fully understand my meaning of my post. True that emulation is not for cheating.

ZSNES emulating with roms is sort've a different concept, i'm talking about SIMS in general, there isn't much you can do in SIMS that you can't do in an emulator of sims.

If you want to emulate a SIMS server to privately play with your friends, yeah.. then you could say something.