Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-23-2003, 12:18 PM
Lord_Zero
Fire Beetle

Default Looked all over, but couldn't find the answer

I'm having trouble logging on to world servers. Everytime I go to login to the game, a message pops up saying, "Although you've registered Shadows of Luclin we cannot find the folder containing the files......." at the bottom of that message it says that it may cause the game to not function. Anyways, after I click continue it starts to load up and I get booted back to the world server menu. I don't have Shadows of Luclin installed and I never registered a copy. Is there anyway I can fix this, or will I have to go out and by SoL?
Old 02-25-2003, 02:30 AM
personman
Fire Beetle

When choosing a server does it say at the bottom "ALl Expansions Enabled"?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:36 AM
Lord_Zero
Fire Beetle

When I choose the server it says 4 expansions enabled
Old 02-27-2003, 10:17 AM
personman
Fire Beetle

Did you or have you ever had SoL installed on your computer? Because if you did it may think that you still have it on your computer even if you uninstalled it.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Nima
Fire Beetle

I get that message when i load up everquest and it never boots me out. It did at first but i fixed it by using the eq emu patcher. (is that the message with the "check to not show this again" at the bottom? cos i think it is.)
Old 02-27-2003, 10:58 AM
IAeriklou
Fire Beetle

another thing is to make sure SoL is installed in the same directory as the rest of everquest. sometimes it likes to install to a diffrent path.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:18 PM
Nima
Fire Beetle

I didn't even have SoL but its detirmined to say i do lol :P.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:01 PM
AdVoCaTe
Fire Beetle

Same thing here says 4 expanions are enabled and the lucin warning screen comes up, i click ok and back to server select screen i go with a 1017 error saying i need to repatch...I tryed the EqEmu patcher and i get a runtime error with that saying Class does not support automation or does not support expected interface. Not sure what to do, any suggestions?
Old 02-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Bigpull
Discordant

Just a thought but maybe make sure you have all the Luclin models and options off in the eqclient.ini
Old 02-28-2003, 07:05 AM
Shawn319
Demi-God

Default Re: Looked all over, but couldn't find the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zero
I'm having trouble logging on to world servers. Everytime I go to login to the game, a message pops up saying, "Although you've registered Shadows of Luclin we cannot find the folder containing the files......." at the bottom of that message it says that it may cause the game to not function. Anyways, after I click continue it starts to load up and I get booted back to the world server menu. I don't have Shadows of Luclin installed and I never registered a copy. Is there anyway I can fix this, or will I have to go out and by SoL?
EQEMU WILL ALWAYS HAVE all expansions "REGISTERED". If you do not have all expansions, you will not be able to use *those expansions*, ignore the error. in fact, i think theres a check box that says "Do not show this again".

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------