Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-05-2002, 10:38 AM
frogger
Fire Beetle

Default Simple question for a problem....

Hello again

Is there any way to fix the problem I am having.... I am not able to view races other then the normal, imp/skel/ele's/PC models/spectre.....The rest just show up as a human. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance =)

Also, is there any way I can fix the extreme lag I get with eqw? Ive tryed turning off texture caching/texture compression, and it doesnt help. Im getting lag (on the left side of the lag'o'meter) in the 500s-48000s, with PL in the 50s-80s, normal eq works just fine, and the previous version...well, the one before 2.1, worked just fine with no lag. If you know of a way to fix this please help, thanks =)
Old 03-05-2002, 01:10 PM
TheClaus
Discordant

For your first question it sounds like your not putting 2 in the gender section. You need that in order to see the right things. I made that mistake myself and had a human floating above water where a Launch should of been.
Old 03-05-2002, 03:29 PM
dayzedmadman
Fire Beetle

also, not all models are available in all zones, but this is how gender works..
0 = male
1 = female
2 = monster < no gender, it >

try that
obviuosly there is no drolvarg (lycanthrope) global skin in everfrost, you gotta go to a zone that normally has them
Old 03-05-2002, 04:00 PM
frogger
Fire Beetle

Default Ohhh

Ok, that would be my problem then, thanks =) Was Using 0 and 1 instead of 2, no wonder...lol

Anyone have any clue for my second question? :P