Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-30-2003, 07:31 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Default Telmet/Drawde Combined Working Database

**DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS AT BOTTOM OF POST**

This database is a combination of Drawde's and Telmets. It contains Drawdes spawns and zone points, and all of Telmets spawns / items / npc_types / loots etc etc.

It contains spawns and loots for (Pretty much) every zone. It's got every item (except new PoP ones), and pretty much every #zone command you use takes you to a safe place (No 20k drops or under the world).

I have added a few new items and a few custom spawns.
I recommend you go to The Arena and have a look around :twisted: .

Full credit goes to Drawde and Telmet for their work :o

TO USE: *NOTE* This assumes you have already got EQEmu Installed (to C:\EQEmu) and mySQL Installed (to C:\mysql)

1. Backup your old database! In a command promt type:

cd C:\Mysql\bin
mysqldump eq > OldDatabaseBackup.sql

2. Copy "Working_Database.sql" to your C:\Mysql\bin directory.

3. Go to C:\Mysql\bin and open mysql.exe. Type:

drop database eq;
create database eq;
use eq;
source Working_Database.sql

4. Wait for about 3-5 minutes while it loads all the data into your database. You should see lots of lines that look something like this:
"Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)"
- there shouldn't be any errors come up (!! :!: !!) Close mysql.exe.

5. Run FQAdmin (I recommend 4.2 - been the most stabe for me :P ).

6. Wait for it to load your database, then click on a few tabs at the top. Make sure the important ones have lots of lines in them. (Especially: Items, NPC's, Spawns, Loot, Variables, Zones, Zonepoints.) If you don't see anything make sure you have set it up to look in your database. Click on "Preferences" on the bottom and make sure everything there is pointing to your database.

7. Go back into your C:\mysql\bin directory and run mysql.exe again. Type in:

use eq
INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu', password='eqemu', status=200;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* to '%'@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '%';

Change the first 'eqemu' to what you want the account name to be, and the second one to say what password you want.

10. Close all the open prompts and directories and everything. Go into C:\EQEmu and run MiniLogin.exe, World.exe, Boot5Zones.bat...

11. Log into your server!

*DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS*
Sorry this is a little more complicated then it should be. I had to get a 35Mb file down to 3Mbs!
Step 1 - Download the files:

Working_Database1.zip
Working_Database2.zip
Working_Database3.zip

Step 2 - *Important* Rename the extension of Working_Database1.zip to .exe (i.e. "Working_Database1.exe")

Step 3 - *Important* Rename the extension of Working_Database2.zip to .CAB (i.e. "Working_Database2.CAB")

Step 4 - *Important* Rename the extension of Working_Database3.zip to .CAB (i.e. "Working_Database3.CAB")

Step 5 - Double Click on Working_Database1.exe. A command prompt should pop up, then disapear. Hopefully you'll have a 3Mb zip file called Working_Database.zip on your desktop now.

Step 4 - Use WinZip to extract Working_Database.zip to your desktop.

Step 5 - Copy Working_Database.sql to your C:\mysql\bin directory.

kRPG Profile
Old 03-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Shando
Fire Beetle

Very nice work Thanks
Old 03-30-2003, 12:55 PM
devlor
Sarnak

Great monrezz! I'm sure this'll help a lot of people.

One thing though: when I inserted Telmet's spawns into Drawde's, I got a ton of duplicate NPCs everywhere. It got to be pretty frustrating to have to pixel-hunt between two or more stacked NPCs to access the one I wanted, so I just went back to using one of the two databases. Does your DB have the same problem, or was correcting this one of the improvements you made?
Old 03-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Garrfish
Fire Beetle

It looks like the npc's won't attack and factions all show dubious. I will dump database and source it again to check and see if I did something wrong on this end.
Following your instructions the first install worked without a problem, and no errors were encountered. Very nice job..Well Done!!
Old 03-30-2003, 05:35 PM
_OZZY_
Hill Giant

Which set of quests should I use from here for this database?

http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=6774

I want to make sure that I use the right one.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:25 AM
Bigpull
Discordant

Quests are tied to npc_types so you'd want the telmet version of quests.
Quote:
7. Go back into your C:\mysql\bin directory and run mysql.exe again. Type in:

use eq
INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu', password='eqemu', status=200;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* to '%'@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '%';

Change the first 'eqemu' to what you want the account name to be, and the second one to say what password you want.

8. Open another command prompt and type in:

cd C:\EQEmu\
world.exe flag eqemu 200
This is redundant, you've already set the account status in the INSERT
Old 03-31-2003, 03:00 AM
Bigpull
Discordant

Also, this looks more like telmets spawn2's than drawde's, the lowlevel mobs are missing.
The merchant tables or atleast the assignment in npc_types are also Telmets. Did you actualy combine these or just source one over the other?
Old 03-31-2003, 03:28 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Yep, I tested it out and noticed that mobs were misssing from qeynos2, and a few other low end zones.

Drawdes is a better solution still for good legit playing/testing..
Old 03-31-2003, 03:51 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Thanks for the feedback!

This database has about 3 or 4 duplicates that I've found...simply use the command #npcspawn delete and then when you reload your server it will have got rid of it. Simple to remove

I don't think that faction works right in this. Pretty much all mobs are dubious and none will attack, even if you attack their friends :( Must have used Telmets factions....

_OZZY_ - I believe you use Telmets quests.

Bigpull - Thanks, updating that now I combined a bits from both. My first try at combining though so I could have messed thing up. I noticed in Drawde's Oasis had about 5 named SG's - Hiritiz, Firitz, Feritz - names like that. I used telmets for most spawns, then combined a few of Drawdes using a post on forums ( I think I did it right...)

Trump -
Quote:
It contains spawns and loots for (Pretty much) every zone
:o

kRPG Profile
Old 03-31-2003, 04:58 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Its a great idea, dont get me wrong, I think though you should use Drawde's for a base, and apply Telmets on top of that as opposed to the other way around. As Drawde's is hand created/editted, it tends to be more complete. Telmets has a multitude of other zones, but tends to be alot more buggy...

Try it the other way around using Drawdes as the base, then overlaying Telmets, and I bet it will be more complete and playable..
Old 03-31-2003, 05:31 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Drawde's zonelines and zone-in points are great, Telmets are a little ermm....*off* (no offence ). I think every loves Drawde's work, but would like to see a few more spawns. Thats why I used Telmets as a base, so I wouldn't get as many duplicates .

Once Drawde has spawns in all the zones (or at least loads ) I think everyone will use Drawde's, because of the fact that it has a more *EQLive* feel to it....Maybe if Drawde and Telmet worked on it together we could see some great artwork piece together :o

Few reasons why people use <Drawde | Telmet> databse:
(found in posts on forum! )

Drawde's:
Hand-made (so very few bugs)
Merchants (with items)
Working faction and agro (Yey!)
Few spawns in low level zones (EQLive legit feel)

Telmet's:
Spawns and loot in near every zone (Yey!)

kRPG Profile
Old 04-02-2003, 03:21 AM
DEXTER78
Fire Beetle

im running telmet's DB on my server (Dexter's EQ Server) with many edits made by me. Mobs aggro, some factions work, quests added(including cleric epic!), loots fixed, zones fixed, custom mobs(bot in nexus), casting mobs, and a few other "twinks". ive looked into Drawde's and i like it alot. but like someone else posted, i use telmets cuase of the spawns. give my server a try let me know what you think.. im waiting for telmet to update his DB.. if he dont i will post mine.. which is his with twinks.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:54 PM
freakydeekey
Fire Beetle

Default Dexter's is awsome!

i play on dexters server, his spawn agro is awsome, and custom jobs rock. i cannot wait for him to post his database!
Old 04-08-2003, 11:56 AM
morpheus014
Hill Giant

Will the npc spell info included in Telmets/dwarde's DB work with this database or are the id's different?
Old 04-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Ethereal
Fire Beetle

No Download links for that DB in this post :(