Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Quests

Archive::Quests Archive area for Quests's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-26-2003, 04:59 AM
herkimer
Fire Beetle

Default question re multiple quest rewards

Say I want to have the same NPC give different items for different quests. Is there a way to combine them into one .qst file? I've made one where you go and fetch 5 different items (to be turned in at different times), and put each turn-in under EVENT_ITEMS. The first 2 work, but I can't seem to get the 3rd through 5th. Also, any way to have items given based on percentages from a random number?
Thanks in advance for any insight and keep up the good work!
Old 04-26-2003, 08:28 PM
fnemo
Discordant

I know that on live, Sergent **** (cant remember his name) in Skyshrine does 2 quests. But not at the same time. He has to be killed to repop with the other quest.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Yes you can have more than 1 quest in a given file.

Actually you HAVE to put all the quests you want a given NPC to do in a single file.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:34 PM
Bigpull
Discordant

the fact the first two work leads me to think you have a typo in the last couple or you've exceeded the buffer.

The skyshrine multi quests from an npc you'd handle with duplicate npc_type entrys on the same spawngroup. if that makes any sense =)
Old 04-29-2003, 12:11 AM
herkimer
Fire Beetle

Thanks to all for your responses. Regarding the last, how would one know if the buffer were exceeded? As to NPC_TYPE, are you saying I should duplicate the NPC? And not to be repetitive, but anyone know of a way to give an item from a list by using random numbers/percentages?

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2003, 11:27 AM
just_add_water
Hill Giant

(Not $rand isn't in yet)
Code:
%r = "$rand(0,10)"; 

EVENT_ITEM { 
if( $itemcount(1001) == 1 && %r >= "5") { say("Thanks heres your reward.") summonitem("1010") } 
if( $itemcount(1001) == 1 && %r >= "8" && %r < "5" ) { say("Thanks heres your reward.") summonitem("1011") } 
if( $itemcount(1001) == 1 && %r <= "9" ) { say("Thanks heres your reward.") summonitem("1012") } 
}
Old 04-30-2003, 10:46 PM
Drawde
Dragon

The best way to prevent exceeding the buffer size with large .qst files is to create several EVENT_SAY groups, each with around 6-8 ( depending on length) text triggers.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:42 PM
herkimer
Fire Beetle

OK. The lines in question are not EVENT_SAY lines, though, They are just EVENT_ITEM lines, each fairly short (if ($item1=="1001")} summonitem("1002"), etc. so I don't think its a buffer prob - Its not a typo either - JAW, when you say "Not $Rand.." do you mean I can't use this function yet? Thanks again for all your help everyone!
Old 05-07-2003, 10:19 AM
Bigpull
Discordant

He ment to type "note" i think not "not".

You should and could just post the quest that doesn't work and someone will probably spot whats wrong
Old 05-07-2003, 12:48 PM
killspree
Dragon

If you're using cvs, just use $itemcount - $item# checks a specific trade slot iirc, itemcount checks how many of the item is turned in for the whole trade.