Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-17-2003, 07:01 PM
krich
Hill Giant

Default 0.5.0DR1 Changes for Linux compile

A few changes I saw needed to be made in the CVS 0.5.0DR1 version for linux to compile properly:

1) function itoa(int) is coded twice, once in common/MiscFunctions.h and once in zone/parser.cpp. Commenting out line 136 in zone/parser.cpp appears to fix the compile problem.

2) makefile in zone directory needs ../common/EQEMuError.o added to the SF= line. I put it right after timer.o and it worked fine. net.o and database.o depend on its functions.

3) zone can't be compiled before world and i haven't tracked down the exact reason. once world is compiled, zone compiles without a problem. likely a path issue with some includes in the common directory or something. guessing world builds an object file in common (not sure which yet) and zone links that file rather than having to compile its own. still working on nailing this one down.

I haven't tested these changes because I can't get the EQLive client past the Login screen. Getting a 1002 error. Client is patched to the most current July 11th EQLive patch and eqhost.txt file is pointing to login1.eqemu.net. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Regards,

krich
Old 07-18-2003, 03:06 AM
Elrach
Sarnak

Yeah, had those issues too and was able to compile perfect (well, you understand).

I can't logon locally, but my GM can remote. Gonna look into that this weekend. Gonna give it a ride this weekend and test to see how things go.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:08 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Quote:
I haven't tested these changes because I can't get the EQLive client past the Login screen. Getting a 1002 error. Client is patched to the most current July 11th EQLive patch and eqhost.txt file is pointing to login1.eqemu.net. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
If your still having this problem, change login1.eqemu.net to eqlogin1.eqemu.net.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:24 PM
krich
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar1898
If your still having this problem, change login1.eqemu.net to eqlogin1.eqemu.net.
It's actually eqlogin1.eqemu.net. My mistake. Still getting 1002 errors though...sigh.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:01 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

I Had to update the login server code to work with the new version, Hogie will be putting up a login server soon so you guys can login. I'll let you know when he gets the new one up and what address/port you need.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Elrach
Sarnak

I found last week that my problem was not related to the login server. I had some corrupted data. Once I cleared it, all was well again.