Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-03-2003, 03:25 AM
IAdaitrix
Fire Beetle

Default New server starting need gm`s

i have started a new server, and would like to make it as compleet as posible, right now i have 8 servers colocated at huricane electric each one will be running 6 to 10 zones each, here is what i need help with,
i need some people with dedicated servers or colocated servers to help run some more zone servers, All servers must be of a *nix distro.
i need some RESPECTABLE people to be gm`s. if you think you would abuse this evin once, then dont apply,
i also need some php coders to help me with a stat`s system
sort of like eqlives legions server, i am going to be making a php stat system that will sort of have a magello/magellin(im not sure what its called by you know what i mean) interface that auto updates as you level your char,
and we also need some dedicated players, The server is currently up in a beta run with the following name: Daitrix legit

if you are interested in helping out pleese post your replys.

our irc channel is #daitrix at irc.eqemu.net
Old 08-03-2003, 04:08 AM
IAdaitrix
Fire Beetle

we have decided to make this semilegit,
also this server will be running 24/7
we are still in masive need of gm`s.
i have purchased 2 more dedicated servers for zones, so i no longer need peoples help on running zones,
I do need your guys`s input on what you would like to see
this server should be for everyone and will be averaged out based on everyones need`s/want`s

here is what we mean by semi legit
you will gain exp fairly fast but not so fast you can become level 65 in a few days, it will take some patience
you will start off with decent weapons
every 5 levels your weapons will be upgraded to better weapons unless you have a weapon better than what you are upgrading to
spell caster will have the option to get there spells automaticly or they can take the time to go buy them
you will start off with a decent amount of platnum to get you started

Any other sugestions are welcomed and will be taken into balence with everyone elses sugestions, so your sugestions will not go un`noticed
Old 08-03-2003, 08:09 AM
superman1
Fire Beetle

A quick question for ya. Is this server 4.4 or 5.0? If its 5 i would be glad to be a GM for ya. I was a guide for verant and have lots of game play exp, and i know the basics for codeing, well if you have need of me just email me at sethknutson@hotmail.com
Old 08-03-2003, 09:58 AM
IAdaitrix
Fire Beetle

it is 5.0 and we would be glad to have you aboard,
Old 08-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

Illl help ya with the server
Old 08-03-2003, 01:21 PM
StarLightKitten
Sarnak

If you Still need some Extra GmS i would gadly love to Help out in the GM staff. I Have lots of Experience Playing Everquest. I'm also a fast learner. Well if you still need me reply.

-Natalie
Old 08-03-2003, 02:15 PM
Kamdarian
Fire Beetle

I would be willing to give GM'ing a try
Old 08-03-2003, 05:50 PM
Enpherno
Fire Beetle

Default GM

Hello, I would love to be a GM. I have been playing Everquest for four years, but am somewhat new to this type of play. Thanks in advance if you agree to have me aboard.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:20 AM
IARealmhunter
Fire Beetle

All the servers I play on seem to never be up or just go away. I am a GM on Guardian Server but it is never up, or never up when I am on anyway.

If your server will be up 24/7 then I would like to give it a shot being a GM. If not, I will play as a normal toon and see how things go. =)

My current character on your server is a frog warrior named Topwater if you are interested. thanks =)
Old 08-04-2003, 05:43 AM
Braeluuar
Fire Beetle

yay, someone mentioned my server.
*wave* Realmhunter
Old 08-04-2003, 06:07 AM
IARealmhunter
Fire Beetle

*waves to Braeluuar* Hey! Keep your server up more, I wanna play. =))
Old 08-04-2003, 07:32 AM
mfghs
Sarnak

im interested in a GM position, i have been GM on alot of servers, none of which are up atm or i whould direct you to them, ill log on to your server and see if you are still in need.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Novell
Fire Beetle

Default HELL YAH!

hell yah i worked on afew eqlive servers... got tired of the ruels that they put on us and would love to do what i love on your server
Old 08-04-2003, 07:54 PM
daxin
Sarnak

Default i would love to be a Gm

i have some exp as a GM on my server and on others, if you are still looking send me an email at darkrangr@programmer.net
Old 08-07-2003, 09:35 AM
Masantiz7
Fire Beetle

Default GM

I would love to try out being GM on the server~ still needing people?