Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Jwhite9
Sarnak

Default What can i do for the EQMU progect

well i was just wondering what i could do to help th eprogect and had no clue what i could do
Old 10-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Jeldorith
Fire Beetle

Nothing. So, die.

Old 10-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Letania
Sarnak

Well, it completely depends on what you *CAN* do. Obviously the dev team doesn't want anyone who isn't capable of coding writing code for the emu, but there are many more things you are capable of doing.

One such thing is packet collection from eqlive. From what I know, there are always packets that need to be collected and even more so when there are patches(new opcodes). If that is to technical for you, you can always bug test on one of the 5.0 servers. Even though there isn't much of a point to that right now as we have to wait for the new DR to come out, some things that don't pertain to opcodes can be tested such as the quest system(not even sure if its in), npcs, attacking and whatnot. Otherwise, there really isn't much to do besides wait for the devs =)

Just remember, not everyone can help. Some people do have other things than the emu in their life and by far the most important thing everyone must have is patients.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:26 PM
Stealth_raptor
Hill Giant

I agree, we must have many patients. That way if you're a doctor or medical practioner, you can make lots of money ripping them off for services provided.

Like Letania said, if you can't contribute to the EQEmu project then that's ok, but if you can, i'm sure many people would greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:38 AM
keelr
Fire Beetle

you can also donate lots and lots of money, i'm sure this website isnt free and the devs would like to make a little cash for their time.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:34 AM
sup2069
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeldorith
Nothing. So, die.

That was rather un-needed...
Old 10-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Letania
Sarnak

lol stealth, didn't even realize I was doing that =p

/bonk self