Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Mageguy00
Fire Beetle

Default How do i get rid of error 1017

I keep getting a error 1017 in EQ EMU. I make sure im updated with all patches and everything from regular EQ. I made sure that I had all the information correct in my host.txt and datarate.txt or whatever it says in guide for 5.0. Can someone please leave me some info plz i really need help :cry:
Old 10-14-2003, 06:28 PM
predominant
Sarnak

I'll do the honour of directing you to news about the October 9th patch from EQLive.

http://everquestserver.com/main.php

Homepage opf EQEmu, first thing at the top, gives you a good description of why you might be getting a 1017 error message

Cheers.

StudentQuest 0.5.0-DR4 dedicated server. http://studentquest.newcastle.edu.au.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:08 AM
Stealth_raptor
Hill Giant

That is one sad case of not reading before posting...I mean that is the front page...the page that loads up when you type in www.eqemulator.net ...

Still, Predom is right, because of the Oct 9 patch, you will most likely not be able to play until a new release is...released.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:12 AM
IAhans
Fire Beetle

bog, kids these days
Old 10-23-2003, 03:20 PM
Sithikus
Fire Beetle

The best way to get rid of that msg is realy easy and and a simple one...Rdy for it Keep all your files backed up!!
Old 10-23-2003, 03:20 PM
flyrken
Sarnak

Question: How do i get rid of error 1017?

Answer: Restore from the backup that you SHOULD have kept for just this instance.

(Someone has to be the first to find out what Patch breaks...)

Not meant to be harsh, just trying to complete the topic for people that are clicking on this wanting the TOPIC to be answered.

EOF
Old 10-23-2003, 05:58 PM
x-scythe
Discordant

Default .

some people just dont read...
Old 10-24-2003, 12:06 AM
the13th
Fire Beetle

YES - I READ THE NEWS !
The problem is, that I have just installed EQ and so I don't had any chance to overcome the patch problem - so if anyone could send me the backup-files he made before he got patched this would be great

Just leave me a priv-message where to get them...

GRTZ

~the13th
Old 10-24-2003, 12:21 AM
ltlruss
Discordant

just to let you know before the wrath comes down on you, you're not allowed to ask for eq files. It's against the rules to ask for them on these forums. If you don't have them, you're out of luck until it gets fixed. Sorry but you're going to have to wait..... Oh yeah, don't ask for an eta either.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:07 AM
the13th
Fire Beetle

Hmm - sorry - I thought the "No-Files-Request" means, that you don't are allowed to ask for Files if you don't have EQ by yourself (lets say: you downloaded a freaking warez version where some files are missing)

GRTZ

the13th
Old 10-24-2003, 01:43 AM
ltlruss
Discordant

It doesn't matter if you have eq or not. You're not allowed to ask. It's the rules and we all have to abide by them. Sorry again but, just like many others of us, you'll just have to wait. :(
Old 10-24-2003, 02:56 AM
Arcalyn
Hill Giant

Default Dito

I just re-installed EQ also, and patched it up to date. I'll not be running the patcher again so I am patiently waiting for direction from eqemu devs on what to do next. And I don't want to DL anymore so hopefully 5.0 will be good enough to let me screw around just enough to enjoy the money I've spent on the software which is of course useless(or imaginary - vaporware) unless you have a server to connect it to.

Well actually I was just going to use the emulator as a "Barbie" character image generator for my PnP DnD sessions. hehe