Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-24-2003, 06:05 PM
lordnoob
Sarnak

Default Edit

Edit
Old 10-24-2003, 06:28 PM
blackninja
Fire Beetle

I'm sorry, but why don't YOU leave the project. Like so many people have said, if you want updates, go to EQlive, if you want perfect stability, pay sony, if you want to play everquest just how sony made it, whenever you want, plunk down $13 a month. I could go on and talk about how these guys work on the in their spare time, blah, blah, blah, but i really don't want to waste when you probably already know that and if you don't you probably don't care. Either way stop whining, they get done what they get done, unless your paying them lots of cash to make the emulator work, and if you are good job, simmer down.

peace be unto you,
Old 10-24-2003, 07:10 PM
Asigoth
Fire Beetle

lordnoob, your name fits you well
Old 10-24-2003, 07:16 PM
SRX
Fire Beetle

I'm new here and I'm not impressed with the topic, or the first post of this... You obviously do not understand what it's like to program, if you did you would be helpful by being quiet and letting them work at their own pace... Has it ever occured to you that they may have lives outside this project? They don't have complete control over time and since they don't really make money with this I doubt this is their life work...

So please, get a life, get a job, respect people, and just be silent.

"All good things come to those that wait" -Not sure who said that but it's true lots of the time.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:33 PM
x-scythe
Discordant

Default .

i think lordnoob needs a "special" title, sig, and avatar.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:42 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Sure seems to be a lot of people like this lately... Step up to the plate my friend, its all yours to attempt.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:46 PM
x-scythe
Discordant

Default ya

ya there have been a lot of people like this lately...they dont realize this is free for them to play and there wont be daily updates,new zones, new quests and items like on EQLive.
Old 10-25-2003, 02:35 AM
r4kin
Fire Beetle

I think you guys are being a bit hard on the guy..

I mean yes, you guys *are* right; the devs are doing this on their own time/money so we should be extremly grateful,

but I think that he just new, and doesn't understand. It *is* a noticeable fact that the updates have been coming slower lately. (Although the reason for that isn't as noticeable..)
Old 10-25-2003, 02:46 AM
killspree
Dragon

Heh, this always happens. When there's nothing to update about...why update? I've been around the forums and the EMU project for nearly 2 years now I think, and it's always slow for updates between releases as the team tries to catch up with live.

He honestly has no right to complain, if he doesn't like it, he should code an emulator himself.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:27 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

Lordnoob

Oh where to start in on you. Oh where. hmm i think i'll start here.

YOU ARE A RETARD

yes thats a good start.

Now, why dont you go troll other forums. Eqemu will work again once we fix all the crap that EQlive broke. I dont think you quite grasp what had to be done. Imagine Microsoft loosing the source code to windows xp/2003 and having to re-write that from say Windows 3.1 source code.

Thas is basicly what we have had to do.

As for it being crap Well fuck THATS WHY ITS A DEV RELEASE.

Why should we update the site? what would we say? How about FUCK YOU NOOBS? yes i like that...

Get our crap together you say? what have you done to help us? anything at all? i dont think so..ive not seen you in irc offering to packet collect stuff we need, or offering to help code (wich i bet you couldnt code in basic if yer life depended on it)

I would also venture a guess that you are under 18, and still live at home with mom and dad, and are used to getting things handed to you on a silver platter...well...time to grow up...thats not how it works.

Have a nice day
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 10-25-2003, 06:34 AM
borjoy
Fire Beetle

LOL nice
Old 10-25-2003, 06:49 AM
flyrken
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnoob
there hasn't been any updates in like a month
Excuse me? I had to refresh my server to the new CVS on 10/13/2003 for updates to CVS 10/8/2003. You want new entries into the CVS everyweek? I don't unless they are semi-alpha-tested.

I was hanging out in IRC #eqemu #eqemudev to see if any new updates where coming and possibly volunteer for the dev testing, however I was turned off because of the mentality shown in the IRC #eqemu.

Want to help get release DR4 to LIVE status again?
STFU and let the devs get it done; explaination for year 2007 ETA. :twisted:

BTW: The forum voted that combat is to be fixed first this was 2 weeks ago. This has retasked some efforts in the development. Now its the players (that read forums and didn't patch) turn to wait.

You think that innovation and creativity are fostered by a sweatshop overseer attitude that you pushed down? :

It just doesn't fucking work with intelligent people donating their time. :!:

EOF
Old 10-25-2003, 09:05 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

/bow to Devn00b the great hero!

I think shawn319 needs to get back here and do some moderation and start deleting these threads. It's more of a waste cause it seems this is what.. the like 1000th one this week. No one is getting the point.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:19 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Man, I can't believe you guys still fall for trolls ! LOL
Old 10-25-2003, 01:24 PM
furian
Fire Beetle

Default cat message >> /dev/n00b

Quote:
Now, why dont you go troll other forums.
That's not very nice, you wouldn't throw your garbage into other ppl's front yard as well.