This thread was created to help keep track of the development of the newly updated "Starter Pack" from Steam which previously included up to SoD. The SoD client on Steam has now been replaced with an Underfoot client from June 8th 2010.
This thread can be used as a reference for what needs work, and who is working on what. I will try to keep this post updated as people update the thread with any progress or notes.
This thread can be used for any development related work or concerns as well as to report any bugs with the client that haven't already been documented.
The Underfoot Steam client is mostly functional, but has plenty of remaining bugs to iron out. This thread will be focused on Underfoot specific bugs, not general bugs that exists in some or all other clients. Because we are already tracking all of the known issues with SoD in another thread, this thread will not repeat those same issues. For reference, see the SoD Development Thread
Last Update - July 10th 2011
Top Priority Work:
Medium Priority Work:
1. Levitate - Levitate works if cast in the current zone, but after zoning the buff remains, but the floating effect does not.
Low Priority Work:
None at the moment.
1. Drakkin Male Animations - The Steam download is missing the file dkm_anims.eqg file that controls Drakkin Male animations. This causes Male Drakkin to hover over the ground frozen sideways. This can be resolved by copying that file from a previous client (SoF or SoD) into the Underfoot installation folder.
2. dbstr_us.txt - The dbstr_us.txt that comes with the UF client from Steam is not complete and causes some AAs and Combat Ability descriptions to show DB String Errors. This can be resolved by copying that file from a previous client (SoF or SoD) or a current EQLive patched client into the Underfoot installation folder.
3. Certain Zone Files - Some of the zone files are missing such as postorms.s3d, bothunder.s3d, delveb.eqg, maybe a qvic zone and possibly more. These can all be copied from a previous client folder into UF to make them functional.
Note: A more complete list of missing Underfoot files can be found in the wiki HERE
Database and Source Code Changes that will be needed at some point:
New Systems to Underfoot that did not exist in SoD:
Issues with Newly Implemented Systems that did not exist in Titanium:
Recently Resolved Issues:
1. Spells - Spells seem to be casting fine now (Thanks KLS).
2. Environment Damage - Working properly now.
3. Disciplines - Disciplines appear to activate and function properly (Thanks KLS).
4. Buff Icons - Buff Icons now show correctly (Thanks KLS).
5. Tracking - Tracking is now functional (Thanks Derision).
6. Find Person - Now functional (Thanks Derision).
7. Buffs - Buffs can now be clicked off (Thanks Derision).
8. AAs - AAs should now be as functional as they are on SoD (Thanks Derision).
9. Pets - Pet controls and buff windows should now be fully functional (Thanks Derision).
10. LDoN Stats - The LDoN Stats Window now reports points correctly (Thanks Derision).
11. Chat Server - The UCS now works with Underfoot and later clients.
12. Bard songs affecting run speed should now work correctly.
13. /emote now works for Underfoot clients.
14. New Guild Creation window works (if enabled by a rule).
Attaining the Steam Underfoot Client:
The client EQEmu uses for Underfoot is from Steam (currently $19.99) here:
This post will be updated again regularly with current development status. Devs, please feel free to edit this post as needed.