Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

View Poll Results: Which browser is best?
Gecko-engine browsers (Mozillas, Netscapes) 39 70.91%
Internet Explorer 14 25.45%
Opera 0 0%
lynx 1 1.82%
konqueror 1 1.82%
galeon 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2004, 12:02 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

no one keeps group similar taskbar buttons on lol
Old 12-10-2004, 12:18 AM
mattmeck

Ok here we go withofficial news reports just for you.

Quote:
Beware of spyware. If you can, use the Firefox browser.” - USA Today
Quote:
“Better than Internet Explorer by leaps and bounds.” - FORBES
Quote:
This surprisingly full-featured open-source program is a snap to use...”
- PC World
Quote:
“[Thunderbird] is better than Outlook...it has all the features that matter.”
- IT-Director.com
then this from the Firefox web site.

Quote:
Smartest Way to Stop Junk Mail
Thunderbird provides the most effective tools for detecting junk mail. Our tools analyze your e-mail and identify those that are most likely to be junk. You can automatically have your junk mail deleted or you can put it in a folder you specify, just in case you like reading junk mail.
Your Mail, Your Way
View your e-mail the way you want it. Access your e-mail with Thunderbird's new three-column view. Customize your toolbar, change its look with themes, and use Mail Views to quickly sort through your e-mail.
Safe and Secure
Thunderbird provides enterprise and government grade security features such as S/MIME, digital signing, message encryption, support for certificates and security devices.
Packed with Features
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
Unlimited Features
Thunderbird lets you add additional features as you need them through extensions. Extensions are a powerful tool to help you build a mail client that meets your specific needs.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:28 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

i sware along time ago on the firefox faq it used to say IE was faster because its built into windows.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:05 AM
mattmeck

it may have but there have been code improvment.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:50 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
no one keeps group similar taskbar buttons on lol
i keep it on. always have and always will. its a godsend.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:55 AM
mrea
Discordant

Yeah, group similar definitely helps with running many zones. If you need to close it, just right click, close group.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:01 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Windows needs a middle-click. In linux, switch within a group with middle-click. it's so much faster than alt-tabbing your way through all windows. Tabs just control your groups that much faster, by integrating them into mozilla/netscape. It really does save you a ton of time when viewing pictures in a gallery (open in new tab over and over), and get back to the original windows in a snap.

On slow connections, it's nice to open 3 tabs in the background as you read the page you're currently on. They open up without popping up a new window that takes your focus from your current page.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:22 PM
nanophr34k
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticalninjajesus
look at the bar where the back and forth buttens are and the adress bar, you have a whole nother empty bar there in firefox dedicated to tabs, why not just open a new window and the tabs are now in your start menu
It disapears when you have only one site open, perhaps you are thinking of the quick launch bar? IE has the same thing, but you can slide it around, which is utterly useless, because then it always is a menu which is what favorites is for..
Old 12-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Memener
Dragon

this is easy why is Firefox better then IE... well just look for your self

So after looking at that do you still think IE is better...

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:46 PM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

What are we looking for?
Old 12-10-2004, 10:50 PM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

i think were suspoused to be looking at firefox taking up 4x mem usage. wow, that was some major self-pwnage. he thought we would think the browser that takes up more memory would be more advanced lol. memener you want your browser to take less mem usage not more lol. by the way, you have something called bargains.exe running.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:11 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Actually, it can't be 4X usage because explorer.exe is part of iexplore.exe, and combined, they're only 1/7 smaller than Mozilla.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:33 AM
Memener
Dragon

look again at my above post.

Quote:
Actually, it can't be 4X usage because explorer.exe is part of iexplore.exe, and combined, they're only 1/7 smaller than Mozilla.
look again

Quote:
i think were suspoused to be looking at firefox taking up 4x mem usage. wow, that was some major self-pwnage. he thought we would think the browser that takes up more memory would be more advanced lol. memener you want your browser to take less mem usage not more lol
Quote:
by the way, you have something called bargains.exe running.

Yea i know it runs when i use IE it called spyware.

EDIT:
My computer runs funny if it has been running for 2 weeks I rebooted it and it changed.
I think i'll say pwned.

Oh do a google on Bargains.exe and you'll see what it is.

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Old 12-11-2004, 09:02 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

lmfao of course its spyware. DURRR. thats why i told you that you have it running in the background. and it doesnt run when you open IE, it runs because of something you accepted on IE cause your a tard and now probly boots up with windows. i dont even have firefox installed and only use IE and dont have any exe's i dont know what do running, because instead of installing an xtra browser, i use the ultimate computer protection tool, my brain.

yeah, putting your buttens and adress bar on the same thing is leet. i do it with my windows folders too. to bad firefox cant lol. (the only disadvantage i see about it)
Old 12-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

Guys this isnt a real argument.

Its mostly opinions. ninjawhatevers whole argument is basicly opinions.

The only thing you can argue is

A) One runs faster
B) Which has better spyware protection

How do you argue "omg les spase is pwn irl lol"? Maybe some people like more space in certain areas.