Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Default Door/lift weirdness

I've been playing around with EQEmu 0.5.5 (bear with me), and I've been looking into two issues:

1. Why doors sometimes don't close when you click on them, and
2. Why gfay lifts don't always move when you ask them to.

Here is what I found:

Normal doors take about a second to swing open and automatically close after another ten seconds.

Lifts move 1 unit roughly every 116 ms (making a roughly 8-second travel time for the newbie lift, for example) and revert to their normal state 20 seconds after they have landed.

The gfay lifts have their invert_state flag set.

For the close timer, I found that setting it to 17000ms for lifts (opentype = 59) and 7000ms for all other doors seems to work well. I don't know why I have to shave off three seconds, but this is what I'm seeing.

When dealing with inverted doors/lifts, the following code should be added in doors.cpp:

if (GetInvertState())
{
if (md->action == 0x02)
{
md->action = 0x03;
}
else if (md->action == 0x03)
{
md->action = 0x02;
}
}

This should come right before the OP_MoveDoor packet is sent out in Doors::HandleClick.

I know that I'm dealing with EQEmu 0.5.5, but I looked at doors.cpp in the cvs code and it seems virtually the same. Someone might want to give this a try with the newer code and report back.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:50 PM
footfall99
Fire Beetle

Check the project eq forums @ http://www.projecteq.net

Sign up for their forums and then search through them I am sure they have fixed most of the door problems but I may be wrong...

But I suggest checking their first for updates, bugs, and fixes.

-Footfall99