Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Webblazer
Fire Beetle

I'm trying to keep it up all the time, but i keep running into a problem that causes me to be disconnected from the loginserver... not only that but when said problem occurs i lose connection completely and have to restart my computer. I'm not sure whats causing this, but the few times it has happened while i was testing myself was while bots were being used.

For now I ask that players refrain from summoning bots. To compensate for the loss of those companions, all mobs have been reduced in strength till this is resolved. Pets took a hit with this also, might change that
Old 12-18-2007, 02:41 PM
spoink
Fire Beetle

i wish i could help on that one i was playing as Cren and throughly enjoying the experience unfortunately the server crashed lol

President Of The Scorpious2k Fan Club!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Webblazer
Fire Beetle

Yea that was probably me that caused it lol. I'll leave the server up for the rest of the night, when I get up in the morning, it'll be up sporatically as I work on things. Going to finish up the loot tables and work on adding merchants to PoK. Know you only played for a little while but any feedback is appreciated
Old 12-18-2007, 03:22 PM
spoink
Fire Beetle

well ill be able to give a better summery tomorrow IF the server stays up tonight lol but so far its not extremely high rate witch is good altho you have the random drops it helps people to level feel slightly like they are "cool" without having to do too much but still its not like your giving everyone insta 70 so the way you have it set up right now it still has a nice feeling of satisfaction when your leveling

Old 12-18-2007, 03:24 PM
spoink
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webblazer View Post
Yea that was probably me that caused it lol. I'll leave the server up for the rest of the night, when I get up in the morning, it'll be up sporatically as I work on things. Going to finish up the loot tables and work on adding merchants to PoK. Know you only played for a little while but any feedback is appreciated
btw lol i hope you are reseting it because its down lol

Old 12-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Webblazer
Fire Beetle

Reset, and changed something hoping that it would stop the crashes, let me know if you can't get on anymore
Old 12-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Soulscry
Fire Beetle

Default Botz

your useing Magoths bots right?

If so a few things to keep inmind to avoid crashing are:

1) bots crash the zone and/or server when above level 8ish and useing no weapons ... so no unarmed combat for the bots

2) when a group has 2 or more players and a bot is summond and added to that group... if the owner of that bot dies... this usually crash's either the bot owner while he's loading or the other group members...

3)sometimes if a player taunts or otherwise provokes your bots .. they will freak out and quit responding to commands ... shortly after the zone will crash.
those are the primary bot crash's i have found ... easy to avoid 1 and 3 .. 2 sucks if your playing with bots and players togeather alot but is still avoidable ... im haveing moderate sucsess by adding the bots to my group before the players but.. keep in mind the bots heal priority is top to bottom on group list to that makes the added players last in line for heals if everyone is going down....

hope this helps
souls
Old 12-18-2007, 04:59 PM
spoink
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulscry View Post
your useing Magoths bots right?

If so a few things to keep inmind to avoid crashing are:

1) bots crash the zone and/or server when above level 8ish and useing no weapons ... so no unarmed combat for the bots

2) when a group has 2 or more players and a bot is summond and added to that group... if the owner of that bot dies... this usually crash's either the bot owner while he's loading or the other group members...

3)sometimes if a player taunts or otherwise provokes your bots .. they will freak out and quit responding to commands ... shortly after the zone will crash.
those are the primary bot crash's i have found ... easy to avoid 1 and 3 .. 2 sucks if your playing with bots and players togeather alot but is still avoidable ... im haveing moderate sucsess by adding the bots to my group before the players but.. keep in mind the bots heal priority is top to bottom on group list to that makes the added players last in line for heals if everyone is going down....

hope this helps
souls

So your why the server died lol he asked us not to use bots right now

Old 12-20-2007, 08:32 AM
ryder911
Hill Giant

its down again
Old 12-20-2007, 08:34 AM
ryder911
Hill Giant

If it is the bots that are making it crash - why not just run a compile w/o the bots in?
Old 12-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Webblazer
Fire Beetle

Its not the bots :/ I'm still working on the problem, sorry guys
Old 12-20-2007, 09:54 AM
mrfix186
Fire Beetle

Cool

if your running Vista, its putting your ethernet/whatever to sleep if you can not reconnect without restarting you computer.
Its a easy to fix if thats it,
1)Right click computer(my computer)>
2)Properties>
3)Click device manager>
4)Expand the Network adapters(hit the +)>
5)Right click then properties on one of them>
Power management>
uncheck everything
6)Back to 5 until you do it for everything under that.

Only problem, arg one bug i hate, sometimes you need to have it checked! But try to do it with the adapters power management settings all unchecked first! Try the list above first tho instead of doing the reverse ;p

Also set your computers power saving(sleep) to Never. Having it on a time, makes above wrong/right/whatever it acts weird but i have no problem with power saving(sleep) + having the power saving check boxes off in the device manager.

If your not running vista, ignore this post

Last edited by mrfix186; 12-20-2007 at 05:58 PM..
Old 12-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Webblazer
Fire Beetle

Default Down

Taking the server down to try to fix this crash bug, expect it back friday afternoon or saturday
Old 12-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Webblazer
Fire Beetle

Just an update... Think I finally solved that crash problem, server has been up for several hours no crashes, thanks for the help all!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:53 AM
ryder911
Hill Giant

server has been down all morning =(