Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:01 PM
fwaits
Fire Beetle

Default Druid/Ranger Epic (1.0) NPC issue

I seem to have an issue with some NPCs in the epic quests for Druid and Ranger (Same NPCs) that won't respond to Hail or any dialogue. And if handed the proper quest items, simply eat them. They are:

Merdan Fleetfoot and Niera Farbreeze in Surefall Glade.

I'm running on the latest build of the server/DB, built successfully with LUA/PERL. I know other LUA quests work so it doesn't appear to be a global LUA issue or some such. I can see the quest files for these NPCs in the qrg folder, but looking at the code I can't see anything that clues me in that the players are doing anything wrong. I have tried using #questerrors and get nothing so I'm sort of stuck. I've tried repopping the zone NPCs, and the zone is dynamic so it is fresh after 30 minutes. They con indifferent to all no matter the race, class, or otherwise. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Robregen
Developer

hmm sound like you are missing something there. I just went on PEQ to see if everything is working in Surefall Glade and it working just fine there. conning, hailing, and the turn in works like it should.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 PM
rencro
Hill Giant

Working good on my windows box as well...I had an issue with handins not working before but I was using all the plugins from Akka's repo, so had to grab all the plugins from the updated quests repo instead, but that does not explain the hails not working on Merdan...Unless you have a global_player.pl or player.pl script breaking the zone...
Old 08-28-2013, 07:09 PM
fwaits
Fire Beetle

It only seems to be those 2 NPCs that I can tell. Hails to others in the zone get a response. I just wish I knew better how to trouble-shoot it.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Robregen
Developer

there's no hail response for Niera Farbreeze. it is not in the script to response to hail. Probably doesn't hail on live either as it is all based on Live.

I'll go on my private server in a bit to see if I have any issues with these npcs.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:59 PM
fwaits
Fire Beetle

True, but there is for Merdan and he doesn't respond either. Both don't respond to the correct quest text or item turn-ins.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Robregen
Developer

it's working for me. I got the correct quest text. I realized it had a missing keyword for a response, I went ahead added a missing keyword so I'll upload it to svn shortly.

Other than that I don't know what the problem is. did you change the file name or something.

you could probably just delete those 2 files and hit "SVN Update"
Old 08-29-2013, 11:21 AM
fwaits
Fire Beetle

Nope haven't changed any quests, but I'll try what you suggested and see what happens. Thanks for trying to help.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:09 PM
fwaits
Fire Beetle

Well upon further review, lua seems to be non-functional entirely from the sampling I did. Any NPC that has an lua based quest does not respond to talking or hand-ins. However when I do #questerrors on them I get no errors listed. I ghave lua51.dll in the root EQEmuServer folder and the lua_modules folder in the root EQEmuServer folder as well with 5 files in it. Any other thoughts?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Robregen
Developer

hmm are you compiling with lua build enabled in Cmake? configure and generated? That the only thing I can think of that would not make it work.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:45 PM
fwaits
Fire Beetle

Yes checked that option and it built successfully. The lua51.dll I got from a post in another thread that had a link to download dependencies. It had a boost, luaj_x86, mysql_x86, and zlib_x86 folders. I build fine using those, but I have no idea if that's a legit set of files. What size is your lua51.dll file? Mine shows as 339KB.

One other thing I should have clarified. Do you need to install anything for lua similar to how you need activeperl for perl? I tried loading LUA for Windows, but that didn't help unless there were additional steps needed post install.

Last edited by fwaits; 08-29-2013 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: Additional info
Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 AM
Robregen
Developer

no there's not really anything else as everything you need is included in dependencies. well except perl. Did you try building under release x86 or debug x86? are you trying to build under 64bit? which compiler are you using?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:27 AM
fwaits
Fire Beetle

Used all x86 stuff on Server 2008R2, built with RelwithDebInfo in Cmake and VS2012. Where did you get the dependencies stuff from? Maybe I don't have the right batch or something.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Robregen
Developer

the link here for dependencies here http://eqemu.github.io/

I never build with RelwithDebInfo. Not sure what the purpose for RelwithDebInfo. Since I only build with either "Release" or "Debug" build. Why don't try either one of those.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:15 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

RelWithDebInfo is a release build with debugging symbols. This is useful since if it crashes you get a callstack which can help narrow down the problem. It also means you can attach the debugger to the game to troubleshoot things a little better than without. Debugging an optimized build is tough, but it's much easier with the symbols.

There's no real downside to it.