Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Mophisto
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by /dev/n00b
YOU ARE A RETARD
I think that pretty much sizes it up... damned trolls. :P
Old 10-25-2003, 02:56 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Default Re: cat message >> /dev/n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by furian
Quote:
Now, why dont you go troll other forums.
That's not very nice, you wouldn't throw your garbage into other ppl's front yard as well.
LOL how do you know that ? =P
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 10-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Default Re: what's up with this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnoob
I'm sorry but when I first tried this emu it was great, the site was updated often!!! Lately it has been crap! The client doesn't work right and there hasn't been any updates in like a month. I say if you guys can't get your crap together you should just quit the whole project. By the time you get this working right no one will be left who wants to play.
Your right, why dont you make your own emu? Im sure it will be much better.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:37 AM
Deserx01
Sarnak

/bonk
Old 10-26-2003, 11:20 AM
Sithikus
Fire Beetle

lordnoob
Idiot Poster <----- Hhehee

Old 10-27-2003, 02:51 AM
Walker_Boh
Fire Beetle

Default You guys are doing a great job!

Screw this Noob! I don't pretend to know jack about the process involved in coding this emulator, but it's something these guys are doing out of the kindness of their hearts to try and give EQ back to the players. Anyone that wants to bitch and moan about downtime needs to go sign back up for EQlive and keep taking it anally from SOE. Be thankful that these guys are sharing their emulator at all, instead of bitching that it isn't ready for your convinience.

For you devs out there, you rock! You're doing a bang up job! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. But you guys certainly don't need asshats like this starting shit.

Thanks for providing us with a great alternative to what has become the crappiest MMORPG going. Keep up the good work.

Walker Boh
Old 10-27-2003, 03:41 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Walker, you'd probably like my server...

Halls of Paranor !
Old 10-27-2003, 11:23 AM
DannMann99
Hill Giant

there will always be people like this, what can you do except flame them.
I do find some humor in posts like this... so sue me.

Its a fact of life, you can't get everything you want. I cant wait for the 5.0 release, particularly because i cant wait for GW2 but hey, i can wait, its been nearly a year since the emu has been up to date with live, i think being 76% up to date is pretty good for all the updates and expansions there have been, there is really alot of stuff in the emu. Just look at the emu source files, there are a ton of them all with a ton of code. You cant expect someone to write up a ton of code on their off work time, thats not right, people have lives too, just because you want to spend your life on eq doesnt mean the devs want to spend their lives helping you.

~Dan
Old 10-28-2003, 04:42 PM
Walker_Boh
Fire Beetle

Woot! Halls of Paranor. Sounds like one hell of a server. I'll see you there in April 2007! And now, to finally try out Shadowbane! Thanks to their online trial I can finally play on decent American servers with my brothers, instead of the crappy asian servers where you have to understand cuneiform to get around. Thank Innoruuk for loopholes!

Walker Boh