Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Ummm, wrong forum bud.

kRPG Profile
Old 02-11-2004, 08:03 AM
Shazz87
Fire Beetle

hmm i didnt patch it and i did everything u said to do...it still says please run everquest. i probably dont have the right version so im probably goin to end up waiting for the stuff to come out....i just really want to play again.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:07 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Are you using eqgame.exe with patchme, not EverQuest.exe? Search the forums or look in the stickies, I'm sure your problem has already been discused and fixes posted. Otherwise, yes your version is probably incompatible with the Emu.

Monrezz

kRPG Profile
Old 02-11-2004, 08:14 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
hmm i didnt patch it and i did everything u said to do...it still says please run everquest. i probably dont have the right version so im probably goin to end up waiting for the stuff to come out....i just really want to play again.
This is in the wrong forum. Please post in the right forum for help on this in the future.

The problem you are having is becuase you did NOT create the shortcut properly.
delete the shortcut on your desktop to eqgame.exe
open up windows explorer
find the file eqgame.exe in your backup directory (ie.. EqEmu)
right click on it
choose sendto>>dekstop/create shortcut
close everything out
right click on the new shortcut to eqgame.exe
choose properties
to the line under "target" add a space and then the word patchme (without quotes)
click apply
click ok
now double click on the shortcut and you are there..
Enjoy!

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 02-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Shazz87
Fire Beetle

ok i do this before or after updating?
Old 02-12-2004, 10:48 AM
khuong
Sarnak

god you guys are soooo funny.. :/

khuong
~lala
Old 02-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Redskull
Fire Beetle

Arg I patched. How do I do a system restore? do i need a special program?

Everytime I go to log onto the server it says error 1017
Old 02-13-2004, 12:26 PM
eristhule
Fire Beetle

ACK! i patched!

Luckly... (hero music) Dell Backup comp to the rescue!

I have all my old EQ files on my dell. =P
Old 02-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Chicomalo
Sarnak

Something that really sucks, I needed to do a Windows XP File Repair cause dude to some websites I been working with. I have been having problems viewing them and also other sites which sucks. Well that is the the worse of it yet.

As I run the Windows XP Pro CD to do the file repair it run fine and good however, when it get to the part that say 39min remaining under windows installation. It say stock there and dosen't move at all. Not even the Hard Drive light come up. LOL! I say to my self oh :evil: &%*$(#!!!! So, I try a few times and nothing happens. Same old thing so, that leave me with no choise but to re-install Windows XP Pro back again all Fresh. LOL! The Good thing is that my system run faster now. The bad thing is that, I lost everything. Meaning ( EQ Dir with the patch from before Feb 10th, and everything else inside there) Alone with my Valentine Project that I was making for my girlfriend which I will have to pull a fast one here and see if I can remake it or come up with something fast.

So, I guess saving your files into back ups are very importan as I save my importan backups but not my EQ Dir and My lastest projects. Bah!

Hehehe, What a Valentine Holiday for me. Hope things will turn out good. As I know I will not be able to install EQ and run EQEmu for a while until is compatible with GoD.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:27 AM
joshuaes
Sarnak

Default What if?

What should i do if i patched and downloaded the new GoD stuff? how can i play Eqemu again?
Old 02-14-2004, 05:07 AM
Holy_Templar
Fire Beetle

Wait till EQEmu catches up. Dont bother asking when that will be, unless you want to be beaten with a metal pipe.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:11 AM
sovietax
Fire Beetle

A metal pipe....that it? more like a metal spiked pipe.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:13 AM
Holy_Templar
Fire Beetle

Well I was trying not to be too mean. But yes, your idea sounds like more fun. :twisted:
Old 02-14-2004, 06:44 AM
Stealth17th
Fire Beetle

Default EQpatch

Ive hade the same problem I ran the patch and I couldnt Get to the part to make a name so i had My brther make a Guy for me on my account on His Computer and now i can logg in fine , but the bad thing is if i get stuck in a zone and i dont have another character MADE im SOL basicly....

Guardian_of_the_*Gods*
"Greatness Requires Sacrifice"
Old 02-14-2004, 06:53 AM
Stealth17th
Fire Beetle

Default Forgot to tell you....

I almost forgot you will have to have a friend send you the old files if u did patch and getting error 1017's

Guardian_of_the_*Gods*

"Greatness Requires Sacrifice"