Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:17 PM
spolozoff
Fire Beetle

Default windows 7 still not working

so i have the game installed and made all the necessary changes needed to play the game, i even changed the compatibility mode and selected 'run as administrator' but it seems like every which direction i attack it from, it always opens a window saying 'please run Everquest.exe'.. if you know how to bypass this, please help!

SP
Old 10-15-2011, 10:48 PM
spolozoff
Fire Beetle

Default Also

I think it might have something to do with special permissions, but i cant seem to find out how to edit that... again, any ideas, please feel free to help!

SP
Old 10-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Robregen
Developer

I have all games including titatium, sod, and uf into "My Documents" folder and I don't have problem running from there. There is no UAC issues as far as I can tell when running from your own directory.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:35 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Do not run EQ from the program files directory it was designed poorly and the UAC will cause problems. All my EQ related stuff is installe din various sub directories in C:\EQ such as c:\EQ\EverQuestUF and c:\EQ\EverQuestSoD and C:\EQ\WinEQ2

I run nothing as administrator nor have I set any compatibility modes. EQ runs just fine in Windows 7 (both 32 and 64) as long a you keep it out of places that are under UAC control.

Remember UAC did not exist in 1999.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:24 AM
Aeryn
Fire Beetle

You say you have made all the nesassary changes, but just to check, as the "please run everquest.exe" is the normal error you get if "patchme" is missing
check you shortcut, it should be similar to one of these examples

G:\Everquest - Server\EverquestUF\eqgame.exe patchme
or
"G:\Everquest - Server\EverquestSoD\eqgame.exe" patchme
Old 10-16-2011, 07:14 AM
BrandeX
Sarnak

Beat me to it.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:21 AM
spolozoff
Fire Beetle

thank you everyone for your input, im about to reinstall and see how it goes!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:26 AM
solid11
Discordant

If you didn't have patchme in the EQGAME.EXE shortcut then you may have already messed up something and went live patch.

I have run stock Titanium and stock Steam released Underfoot on both windows 7 32 & 64 bit (home edition and ultimate) , and on vista 32 & 64 bit versions with no problems as long as you turn off the dumb UAC in User Accounts/Change user account setttings - location.

I also have never had to use compatibility mode on any version.